- Newly created role in a Private Bank
- Strategic & innovative thinking required
About Our Client
This is a European Private Bank with over 200 branches in the UK. This role supports the UK.
- Lead the ongoing implementation and development of the ED&I strategic plan and associated policies to help the Bank create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Create a Diversity and Inclusion action plan that supports the implementation and embedding of the Equality Diversity and Inclusion strategic plan. Ensuring timely delivery of these actions.
- Monitor implementation of the ED&I strategy and action plan and report on overall progress to ensure that learning and results drive improvement.
- Design and launch initiatives focused on improving our diversity and creating a culture of equality and inclusion. Assess and measure the effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Serve as ED&I subject matter expert and consultant to departments, units and branches of the Bank and leaders to leverage ED&I as a talent solution and strategic business differentiator; provide market-specific expertise to Head of Development and Inclusion and CHRO to guide strategy and business planning.
- Build a collaborative and trusted working relationship with the UK ED&I Working Group and Employee Resource Groups (ERG). Providing structure and support to our ERGs, aligning their strategies to the overall ED&I strategy and action plan to deliver even greater impact.
- Serve as a liaison between the Global ED&I Council and collaborate across the HR functions regarding all DE&I matters and initiatives.
- Create an ED&I calendar and ED&I communication plan, and then procure, plan and deliver training, events and activities for relevant audiences.
- Deliver on the actions set out as part of the banks commitment to the women in finance charter and including collation and completion of all returns.
- Collaborate with Pay & Reward teams to support the production of relevant MI concerning ED&I and to support a range of requirements including Gender and Ethnicity Pay gap reporting etc. Analyse results and trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with ED&I analytics, including benchmarking, tracking metrics, analysing and generating reporting for various audience to highlight trends and demonstrate impact of ED&I programs and initiatives.
- Understand organisational dynamics and culture and actively work to cultivate ED&I champions and role models across the organisation
- Represent the Bank externally as an industry innovator and thought leader leading the way in effective ED&I practices and results.
- Work with external vendors to provide subject matter expertise, best practices and development for the Bank.
- Manage strategic initiatives such as #1000 Black Internship Programme, diversity data collection and reporting, Women in Finance Charter, mentorship or sponsorship programs.
The Successful Applicant
- In depth expertise in stakeholder management and/or technically relevant work experience designing and/or implementing ED&I programs, Policy/Process reviews, Training & Development and change management
- Be able to benchmark and research trends, policy and analytics, including monitoring and reporting on diversity and inclusion topic
- Comfortable at working strategically and operationally, with the ability to be "hands on"
- Ability to collaborate and to build strong professional relationships at all levels and be comfortable challenging and influencing stakeholders including senior management to build awareness and achieve change.
- Experience coordinating events, managing logistics, and developing agendas/materials.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to analyse, articulate and translate the ED&I strategic plan clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deliver accurate reports and MI for Stakeholders
- Resourceful, action and detail-oriented, with a high ownership mindset to deliver measurable impact.
- Curious self-starter with a strong desire to learn and innovate - you help challenge the status quo and you're eager to develop new skills
- Reflective practitioner with a growth mindset - open to feedback and not afraid to make mistakes
- You do not need financial services experiences
What's on Offer
There will be the opportunity to develop the skills and expertise needed across all the human resources disciplines, with particular focus on the key competencies to be successful in this role, i.e. implementation and development of the ED&I strategic plan, , communication, team work and stakeholder orientation.
Salary £75,000 - £90,000 + bonus
Flexible working from home & in the City office