European Business Development Manager
About Our Client
Pioneer in organic business.
* Responsible for the management, sourcing, purchasing, and sales of Organic products; quantities, deliveries according to specs, margins, contract formulation and execution, and cost price calculations.
* Responsible for the Inventory positions for products. (coverage)
* Responsible for swift response on pricing needs for quote preparation
* Ensures best in class competitiveness and price/quality
* Formulates the sourcing, costs and sales budgets for products.
* Defines the marketing activities for products.
* Responsible for the sourcing / trading strategy
* Ensures optimal customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for handling product complaints from customers.
* Suggests new trade opportunities and product development.
* Keeps track of the international market developments.
* Stays in contact with the Accounts Receivables department for assessment of customer payment risks.
* Assists in assessing currency risks and positions.
* Responsible for the results of products in product group.
* Keeps track of the results and suggests correction action plans.
* Responsible for continuously improving the performance of the work procedures and systems of products.
* Defines all quality aspects towards all product providers and customers (either when buying/selling on a contract base or otherwise).
* Follows the product specifications as defined by the quality department and adheres to instructions that differ from the general product specifications if specified by Quality Assurance Manager.
* Ensures all suppliers meet supplier approval with the Quality Assurance Manager
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor / Master Degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in a similar commercial role.
- Excellent knowledge of the European Food Industry and Foods Services markets (B2B).
- Knowledge and experience in Organic Foods.
- Knowledge of branded and private label business.
- Ability to interact and integrate in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical skills combined with a hands-on mentality.
- Highly result driven, passionate and energetic.
- Strong personality.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and at least one other European language.
- Extensive travel is required >50%.
What's on Offer