European Retail Director
Great Retail Director role
Based in Holland
About Our Client
Our client is a leading European fashion Retailer
The European Sales Director leads and aligns the strategy and vision for the European Retail organization, processes and people to achieve results. He/she leads and motivates the sales managers to drive operational excellence, improve customer experience and develop high performing teams.
The right person plays an important role in realizing our vision to offer a differentiated customer experience and that way deliver industry leading retail sales performance.
- Lead sales initiatives to drive revenue growth; from traffic to conversion, UPT and other relevant sales metrics
- Build the best fashion retail store teams in the industry; high energy, fashion oriented teams that every day delivers outstanding customer service and drives for delivering and improving results
- Build a winning culture where store managers and store teams take ownership of the total store experience and reach new levels of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Organize and structure the store work force in the most flexible and efficient way, making sure floor hours and demand are aligned.
- Refine and consistently implement best-in-class store procedures driving productivity, store experience and operational excellence
- Develop talent by implementing a clear performance management system, where the best people are hired, retained and promoted, and through leading by example
- Analyze store portfolio and draft plans for optimizing store portfolio; opening new stores, closing/relocating non performers and fine tuning store concepts to improve commercial success.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven success in changing and improving the performance of sales/retail operations; (re)energizing store teams, radically improving customer experience and driving sales results
- Leading and motivating high performing retail teams in a retail organization spread over a larger geography or multiple markets
- Used to initiate, lead and execute initiatives to drive retail performance
Required Skills and Competencies
- Leadership: Proven leadership experience, with the ability to develop and motivate people.
- Communication: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to influence at all levels
- Entrepreneurial: takes initiatives, finds solutions and lives by "test and learn"
- Integrity: Demonstrates the highest degree of integrity and trust
- Inspiring Others: Excellent relationship and team building skills
- Talent Manager: A good judge of talent who can develop people and their ability to grow in the organization
- Decision Quality: Makes correct decisions based on analysis, experience and judgement.
- Problem Solving: Looks at problems with honesty and logic. Seeks the most effective solutions
- Drive for Results: Moves him or herself and others forward consistently to meet or exceed goals
- Business Acumen: Understands the fashion retail industry, strategies and how the competition operates in rapidly changing marketplace
- Customer Focus: Puts the customer first in everything he/she does
- English language is a must, Dutch speaking is an advantage
What's on Offer
Attractive salary & benefits, plus relocation if necessary.