European Sourcing Office - Managing Director
Company Experiencing Rapid Growth
Influential Head of Asia Sourcing Hub
About Our Client
Our client is a Europe Headquartered, dynamic Consumer and Home Living Goods company offering a range of innovative products through retail and online channels. They have been experiencing rapid growth since their launch of business less than 20 years ago, and they anticipate continuous rapid growth rate. With Hong Kong being their key sourcing hub, they are now looking for a MD with overall strategic and operations responsibilities, to identify ways to further improve the business, the system and its communications approach to equip for the scaling of the business.
Your key area of responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the management of the Hong Kong operations, to identify systematic ways to improve the working structure and communication to meet business needs
- Recruit, hire, develop, motivate, coach and inspire the team
- Manage and develop the sourcing activities from a process perspective as well as from a system perspective
- Act as a strong partner, a challenger and a voice to the HQ leadership team
- The external management of existing and new supplier relationships as well as the internal growth and development of the local organization
- Continue to review and expand the sourcing base for various categories including Home Appliances, Kitchen, Consumer & Living, Garden and Electronics
- The continuous improvement of the supply chain management with aim to achieve a flexible supply chain.
- Core KPIs such as in time delivery rate, out of stock rate, costing and quality, as well as realizing fast replenishment time and high quality standards
- Manage and oversee the holistic supplier negotiations with the merchandising team, with a focus on the realization of margin targets, payment term improvements, exclusivity agreements.. etc.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should be a sourcing & supply chain veteran with a minimum 12 years demonstrated leadership success. Background in Consumer Electronics, Home Living and Household Appliances preferred. Ability to work in fast paced, high growth & fluid environment.
- You have a proven track record in a similar management environment, ideally in a seasonal business environment with short time peaks and preferably within a fast-paced e-commerce or trading company
You have strong expertise in data-driven operations and execution of such, both in a process as well as systemic context of e.g. ERP or PO management solutions
You're driven by the ideas of scalability, automation and the reduction of repetitive manual processes
You're great at organizing yourself as well as your team, you're dynamic and know how to satisfy stakeholder's interest and always aim for achieving the best results.
You are an excellent communicator, both verbally and written in Chinese and English
Your negotiation skills are top-notch and you have proven track record in successful negotiations
You have excellent time management, prioritization and delegation skills
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an assertive and results-oriented sourcing professional with strong commercial acumen seeking a new challenge; who thrives in challenges and enjoys considerable autonomy to scale up a business while working with a young& fun team of leaders.