European Tax Manager
A newly created European Tax Manager for this globally recognised FS firm
Reporting to the Global Head of Tax you will have ownership of European Tax
About Our Client
In offering comprehensive independent advisory solutions, this organisation helps their clients drive value in private equity, M&A, financial structuring and restructuring, private capital initiatives and strategic advisory. With a global network of expert professionals in offices across the globe they offer market leading services covering a wide range of sectors in Industrial, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services, Telcos, Media and Technology and Retail/FMCG.
This is a stand-alone role (currently) leading the European Tax function, but you will be a part of global Tax team and report to the Group Head of Tax. With support from the global Tax team, advisors and local country finance teams you will have ownership for all Taxes in EMEA namely, Corporate Tax, VAT, TP and Employment Taxes. More specific responsibilities include:
- You will oversee and review the returns for all Taxes from either advisors in respective countries or from the local country finance teams
- From a VAT perspective this will include VAT returns based on Partial Exemption Special Method (PESM) for the UK group, and for other entities where applicable
- Manage correspondence and potential disputes with the relevant tax authority in conjunction with external advisers
- Managing and coordinating the timely tax advice on enquires raised by other teams
- Liaise and communicate with relevant tax authorities or external tax advisors where necessary
- Working with the Head of Tax to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with business objectives and make recommendations that are objective, practical and technically appropriate in support of business objectives
- Working in conjunction with Head of Tax and global Tax team providing tax advice and lead on M&A projects
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally have trained with a reputable firm acquiring an ACA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualification. This role will suit a broad range of Tax professionals either looking for their first move from the profession or having moved in house already but are looking for a fresh challenge. Our client is open minded to the type of Tax experience candidates may have but you are likely to a Corporate Tax trained professional who has broadened out to a mixed taxes position or is looking to take that step in the next stage of their career.
What's on Offer
A base salary of circa £90,000 - £110,000 plus a discretionary bonus and an excellent benefits package.