Finance Associate - Private Family Office - Boston, MA
Boutique Family Office based in Boston, MA
Reports directly into the VP's of the Family Office
About Our Client
The employer is a private yet prestigious boutique family office based in Boston, MA. They have been in existence for over 20 years and cater to two large, prominent, high net worth, New England families.
They have partnered exclusively with Michael Page Boston to secure their next Finance Associate.
Due to continued growth, a Finance Associate is required to join a private family office in Boston, MA. This is a role that is designed for someone who is looking to secure their next role in a stable, high performing and collaborative family office environment where discretion, intellectual curiosity and having the ability to roll up one's sleeves and get involved at all levels, is highly valued.
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Account for a high volume of daily activity for various entities in Investran which serves as the general ledger system and the portfolio accounting system
- Assist in preparation of regular reporting as well as frequent ad hoc deliverables
- Prepare weekly report of investment and cash activity
- Reconcile and review cash inflows and outflows daily
- Maintain budgets and assist in forecasting of upcoming cash flows
- Monitor capital calls and distributions to ensure accurate reporting
- Various tasks related to investment administration and accounting from beginning to end of workflow
- Coordinate supporting documentation for individual tax returns and collaborate in planning and filing of payments and returns
- Maintain online and physical filing systems
- Participate in meetings with external advisers
- Other interesting one-off projects
Submit your resume today and Tom Smith will review within 48 hours of submission. If you are deemed suitable, you can expect contact within 72 hours of submission.
Please note that interviews, offer and on-boarding will be conducted remotely. At this stage, the firm expects to return to the office in October but this may change.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of public accounting experience
- CPA highly desirable
- Understanding of trust accounting, partnership accounting, investment account
- Knowledge of partnership and trust tax is a plus, but not essential (tax prep is outsourced)
- A strong work ethic, loyalty, discretion and the highest ethical standards.
What's on Offer
- $ 80,000 - $ 100,000 base salary (depending upon relevant experience)
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 40 - 50 hour working week
- Extremely competitive benefits package
- Comprehensive 401K plan
- Downtown Boston working location (once "normality" resumes)
- Boutique working environment
- Close-nit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.