- Board level Finance Director opportunity
- Commercial role working within a fast growing SME
About Our Client
Our client is a thriving and wholly employee owned, award winning social enterprise. All employees share collective responsibility for the business. The core business is helping some of the most vulnerable in society and the ethos and values of the business are strongly embedded in the culture. Our client is looking for someone who can share in the core beliefs but who can also bring fresh ideas and information with passion and energy.
Working at Board level alongside the Chief Executive, you will be required to drive improvements in systems, processes and controls, enhancing financial reporting and planning, budgeting, forecasting you will have a strong understanding of technical concepts but will have proven business management and development experience.
Key Duties include:
· Provide strategic leadership and operational financial leadership
· Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
· Development and delivery of the Financial Strategy of the organisation
· Providing financial and IT services to the highest professional standards
· Providing financial advice to the Board, executive and Operational teams in delivering their statutory financial duties and corporate objectives, ensuring consistent, accurate and effective long-term forecasts, annual planning, in-year forecasting and opportunity pipelines
· Develop the commercial strategy and lead on commercial aspects of new and innovative opportunities.
· Drive the business with sound financial analysis and rigorous negotiation
· Leadership and development of teams in the following functions; Finance, IT and Estates
· Offer professional leadership to the Finance team to support the development of a team of skillful Finance professionals, ensuring they have the right balance of technical skills, commercial savviness, and customer focus
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for fully qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA Accountant with a proven track record in a finance board leadership role, ideally within a similar sized SME. You will have exceptional grounding in financial management, have a transparent approach to financial governance. You will be adept in the development and delivery of effective and robust financial performance as well as providing an innovative and business focused approach to commercial management. Experience leading an IT function would also be advantageous.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to collaborate at board level and with the wider business. You will be open, engaging and also have a proficient level of team management and mentoring skills. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail with the ability to think strategically and set solutions. You will be comfortable working with people at all levels and proactively seek opportunities to add value in order to develop the business.
You will ideally be able demonstrate strong negotiation skills and the gravitas required to provide leadership across a wide range of corporate services. If you have experience within a similar Not for Profit, Healthcare or Housing sector this could be advantageous but not essential. The core values of the business must align to your values as an individual and this is key to being a strong fit for this role.
What's on Offer
Competitive package and flexible working