Finance Director - Emerging Market (Based in Bangkok)
Covering Southeast Asia and India
Part of APAC Leadership Team
About Our Client
The client in question is multinational company whose businesses are in all continents globally. The company operates under multiple brands with manufacturing entities in the US, China and Southeast Asia. Currenly the businesses have grown and entered new countries to strategically diversify their investments.
- Provide leadership and financial expertise as a key member leadership team to address and seek opportunities for continuing growth and margin expansion.
- Provide functional leadership to APAC finance organization. Build functional capability and excellence by creating a focused, team-oriented and effective group that adds value as business partners to the company. Participate actively in developing and integrating the strategic aims of the organization.
- Work closely with business leaders to provide needed financial counsel and support for decision-making, and in-depth financial and operational analysis. Identify key business drivers impacting results. Where appropriate, develop action plans to improve performance.
- Lead annual AOP and LRP (long range planning) processes and provide accurate and meaningful financial information to the leadership team and provide interpretive, value-added guidance in addition to standard reporting and data compilation required for the business to achieve its financial objectives
- Ensure that proper processes are in place for the accurate forecasting of sales, costs, working capital, fixed capital investments and return on investment.
- Ensure product costs are accurate and updated on a timely basis, new quotations and new products are priced properly, financial information is reported properly on a monthly basis and proper controls are in place and functioning to protect company assets.
- Oversee credit and collection initiatives to ensure that credit policies are enforced throughout the organization and that timely collections are made.
- Assume responsibility for improving process efficiency and implementing cost controls/programs within the organization.
- Ensure that corporate reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion and in accordance with U.S. GAAP and other appropriate requirements, and that the business complies with components of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Interface with external auditors to make certain that all statutory requirements are met and tax returns are filed in accordance with applicable laws and statute.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain an excellent financial team.
- Support enterprise required Treasury, Tax and record to report on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant
- In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or finance from a four-year college or university. CMA, CPA, MBA all considered pluses.
- Strong financial leader in a multinational company, ideally with 15+ years of relevant exposure including progressive, demonstrated cost management / accounting and financial control experience and technical capability.
- Experience in MNC for senior finance management and controlling position covering emerging countries in Asia Pacific and India region including Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia and India.
- Understand the culture dynamics for above mentioned countries and be skillful to work with cross-culture teams.
- Strong business acumen and proven track record to partner with business leaders to capture the growth potential in emerging markets and grow the business substantially.
- Capability to manage risk and change, combined with hands-on experience in dealing with an unsettling economic environment in terms of being able to adapt and execute operational strategies accordingly.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to earn the respect and trust of peers, seniors and subordinates, so as to win their support and cooperation.
- Proper perspective and level of maturity in engaging with and using statutory and internal auditors to drive improvements in processes & control environments while preserving governance standards.
- Understanding of and proficiency in EMI countries, US GAAP and international accounting standards, and good comprehension of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Fluency in English is required.
What's on Offer
- Attractive remuneration
- Competitive packages for management level
- Opportunity of being a part of APAC Leadership Team