Finance Director/ Manufacturing Finance
Important opportunity with a manufacturing leader in the market
Experience managing finance and Accounting for a manufacturing plant
About Our Client
Global leader in the manufacturing industry, with multiple facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. They serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods.
- Provides leadership & financial oversight to the LAD business/facilities, and Accounting & Finance team. Accountable for Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow & associated analytics
- Actively engages as a strategic member of the leadership teams to drive desired results.
- Proactively maintains an appropriate balance of resources to manage Accounting & Controlling functions, while expanding analytic capabilities and forecasting/reporting to provide accurate, timely and actionable information to management team and Corporate/BU headquarters
- Serves as the point of contact for all plant SOX 404 activities and narratives.
- Supervises a team of accountants to ensure a timely and accurate closing, and maintenance and reconciliation of the Lewisport Plant's general ledger. Also supervises a team dedicated to inventory controls, ensuring inventory quantities are complete & accurate, both at the plant and all off site locations where inventory is held.
- Provides operations support (defined as plant operational analysis, support data and special analyses) to ensure the appropriate levels of management are properly informed regarding the financial and operational performance of the facility and overall Automotive Business.
- Provides general financial and operational results of plant to the appropriate levels of business unit management to ensure they are properly informed through narrative, tabular and/or analytic internal financial reports.
- Develops & maintains the records & valuation of capital projects spending & fixed assets including the development of depreciation expense for the plant. Update and maintain the fixed asset ledger.
- Establishes a working knowledge of each process within manufacturing operation focusing on key performance drivers. Identify and maintain key performance metrics of the plant in collaboration with the plant and business unit management team.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Controlling, in a Manufacturing environment.
- Significant previous supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated financial planning and analysis skills are critical. Creative ability to construct both standardized and special "one-time" reporting presentations to convey the results of operations and associated drivers of performance and variance.
- Strong analytic, communication & interpersonal skills. Capable of translating complex business results into crisp, concise summaries for various audience levels & comfortable with executive interaction & presentations. Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines, with appropriate prioritization.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team leadership and team membership skills.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Strong decision making and problem-solving skills with practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- MBA and or CPA is a plus
- Experience with Hyperion and Oracle is a plus
What's on Offer
High visibility role inside the organization. We are looking for a high potential to become an executive member.