My client has a strong history in food manufacturing & supply
- The Finance Director will be pivotal in supporting European growth
About Our Client
My client is privately owned with access to an International network and an enviable list of clients. With presence in the UK and Europe, they manufacture and supply food in high volumes. Combined European turnover of the group is in the region of 350 million Euros with growth projections to reach 500 million Euros in the short-medium term.
Sitting on the Senior Management team and reporting to the CEO, the Finance Director will need to be hands-on in their approach to the financial management of the group as well as working closely with the European FD and CFO, both based overseas. Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Management of a team of 6 in the UK
- Write Group FD Board commentary
- Attend monthly site visits across 4 UK locations
- Annual statutory accounts completion and year end reporting for all legal entities
- Group budgeting
- Fully integrating a new, group wide accounting IT system
- Support the CEO on any acquisitions and disposals to include due diligence
This is not exhaustive and the role will now expand to include European responsibilities for existing sites and any future acquisitions.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have a strong track record of delivery in an International food manufacturing or supply environment. My client considers itself to operate in an entrepreneurial way and this must be reflected by the Finance Director. The ability to build relationships across remote teams and locations is also key with a need to travel across the UK and Europe - this will present both operational and cultural challenges and again, there is an expectation that this will appear on the new Finance Director's CV. The successful candidate will be able to strike the difficult balance of being extremely hands-on whilst supporting and helping to drive the overall company strategy.