A growing and market leading engineering business in the West Midlands
A Finance Director opportunity and trusted business partner to the MD
About Our Client
Our client is part of an international group. The group have a rich history of entrepreneurship and technical innovation. They are consistently ranked as one of the best-known brands in their field. They are a global brand, with a global footprint and are renowned for innovation and quality. They continuously strive to be faster and better and their pace of change creates opportunities for further growth and development internally.
They have access to skills and services many other companies just do not have, which gives them competitive advantage and they are continually innovating to bring new customer solutions to the market and have an enviable customer base.
Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth. As a group they are very acquisitive and have strong order momentum. There is a commitment to continue to invest in this UK entity (c70m turnover), including a new state of the art manufacturing and office facility in the Midlands and an imminent ERP implementation.
As the Finance Director, based in the Midlands, you will report to and have daily contact with the Managing Director, as well as being a key member of the local senior management team. You will also have a direct reporting line to the Regional Finance Director EMEA. This is a highly visible role which will have a direct impact on the ongoing success of the business.
You will be involved in the day to day management of the company and the formulation and implementation of the overall strategic long term business plan. You will have full P&L and balance sheet responsibility and play a critical role in the provision of financial direction and support for all business operations.
You will be expected to proactively and effectively challenge performance and to actively assist the MD and the Senior Management Team to improve overall business performance, interpreting monthly results. Acting as finance business partner you will need to support the achievement of operational and commercial objectives, to contribute to the overall and long term profitability for this UK entity.
You will need to ensure sound financial and commercial management; including budgeting, forecasting and cash flow forecasting. You will also have responsibility for overall financial control.
You will be responsible for leading the finance team to ensure high performance levels are attained and deputising for the MD where required and with a broader leadership remit.
You will be actively working with the senior management team to develop growth plans and future performance improvements. This will include an imminent ERP implementation and move to a new manufacturing and office facility.
The Successful Applicant
For this Finance Director opportunity in the West Midlands, successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with significant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a finance lead role and must have experience within manufacturing, engineering or indeed engineering service sectors.
- Strong technical accounting skills including IFRS, GAAP and combined with strong commercial awareness to successfully inform the commercial business agenda.
- Experienced in change management and to have experience in formulating and implementing business strategy.
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar sized organisation and have experience of working as part of an international group.
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems (SAP advantageous) and prior implementation experience highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and ideally to have experience of managing and developing teams through change.
What's on Offer
Up to c£100,000 basic salary and benefits including a car and competitive bonus.