An Intl fast-growth foods group is looking for a UK-based FD with a global remit
The Finance Director will provide strategic leadership and business support
About Our Client
My client is a €1bn+ FMCG business with fully integrated supply chain from developmental and production processes to leading customer partnerships and everything in-between. With a global footprint, their business is predominantly focused on the European and North American markets but they also have a presence across Asia, South America and Africa.
The UK business has 4 manufacturing sites and has focus on capital investment to support the medium-term targets of doubling sales turnover and significantly increasing EBITDA.
With a strong grounding in statutory accounting, tax and treasury taken as read, the Finance Director will develop an effective business partnering and commercial support to the senior management team in the UK and other regions falling under their responsibility. Other key areas of focus will include:
- Manage the finance teams across the business, with particular emphasis on Business Support
- Ensure that internal stakeholders receive a best in class service
- Lead on creating an internal talent pool within the Finance Function
- Ensure consistency of tools, techniques and reporting across all Group entities
- Mentor and coach direct line reports incl. Head of Finance and Head of FP&A
- Oversee Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting and ensure results both internal and to Group are ready in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide support and guidance to leadership team on driving finance agendas within customers
- Write the Finance Board commentary each period
- Attend Group and local Leadership and Board meetings
- Actively attend monthly site management meetings
- IT systems - including the implementation of a new fully integrated group wide accounting system
- Legal & Company secretarial board minutes & resolutions (when needed), liaise with lawyers re confirmation statements and other queries
- Quarterly forecasting
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate is qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in an FMCG business. With strong interpersonal and management skills, the Finance Director will inject a strong commercial and business partnering approach into all that the finance function does. It is also essential that the new FD is a strategic-thinker and contributor as they will be supporting the business through some significant acquisitional and organic growth.
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits to include a Car Allowance, Bonus and LTIP.