Finance Director opportunity in Oxford
Working for a leading global brand
About Our Client
BRITA is a family-owned business and experts in water optimisation and individualisation. The Group operates globally with 28 national & international subsidiaries and branches. With production sites in Germany, Great Britain, Italy and China.
BRITA owes their on-going success to the relentless commitment, passion and talent of their employees. They make BRITA a leading company in water filtration technology.
BRITA continues to draw on their curiosity and creativity to advance existing products and design future innovations. Employees have the chance to help develop and grow an innovative and well know consumer brand.
BRITA are now looking to appoint a new Finance Director to lead the controlling and accounting functions and work alongside the leadership team reporting to and supporting the UK MD. The role will be pivotal to BRITA, working with the leadership team to advise on strategy and leading all financial matters of the business.
Ensuring that the following responsibilities are carried out for BRITA UK as part of the BRITA Group:
- To be a 'Business Sparring Partner' for the MD and provide pro-active support - evaluate different scenarios, provide different perspectives and make recommendations on how to handle the various situations.
- Efficient and effective analysis and reporting (planning, monthly actual and target/actual analyses) to create the necessary transparency as base for a decision-oriented Board management reporting.
- Proper monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with commercial and fiscal laws including efficient and effective working capital management regarding debts and credits, liquidity and cash.
- Efficient and effective contract and compliance management, implementing requirements and/or Group guidelines, in close cooperation with Group Legal & Compliance and local legal advisors as needed.
- Lead and develop an effective and motivated team.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must demonstrate a solid track record in a senior finance leadership role with proven ability to operate collaboratively as part of a management team and wider business - Influencing, challenging and bringing financial and commercial priorities to decision making process. You will have strong commercial acumen, someone who thinks strategically, recognises opportunities, forms a vision and gets results.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE. Candidates looking for a progression move from a senior Financial Controller will also be considered with the right mindset and attitude. Ideal background would be from a similar B2B/B2C matrix structured business.
This role will suit an entrepreneurial thinker who can prioritise effectively. They will take a proactive leadership role and develop the team promoting a continuous improvement mindset. This role will give the right candidate the opportunity to develop and coach their team through effective mentoring and support as well as shape the future of the business.
You will be comfortable running an established finance function, being hands on whilst also taking a macro view of the business. The right candidate will also have an enthusiastic, results driven and proactive personality with the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and wider business.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential, ERP exposure and experience across Operations, IT and Legal/Compliance would be highly desirable.
What's on Offer