McBride plc is a leading consumer product manfacturer.
Commercial Finance Director role based Belgium or UK.
About Our Client
McBride plc, is a listed consumer products manufacturer with a European manufacturing, supply chain and customer base. Since 1927, McBride has built a strong reputation for designing and manufacturing household consumer products for major retail customers. This role has responsibility for a £360m turnover P&L for the business liquid products division, which in itself represents nearly 50% of group turnover. This role is to be based in Belgium or UK.
This is a key financial leadership role, with responsibility for the largest division of McBride plc in terms of turnover, and the remit will have strategic, operational and transformation elements within it, and is a senior executive role in scope:
- Play a key role in contributing to the development of the division's strategy, ensuring that it is challenging but achievable, and supported by robust action plans including preparation of the divisions 5 year strategic ambition
- Support the achievement of strategic targets by ensuring that a comprehensive measurement system is in place.
- Establish a world-class divisional Finance team and take action to match resource requirements to the changing needs of the business.
- Support margin management decisions through robust analysis for all quotes/tenders to ensure control over pricing decisions that maximises profitable sales.
- Prepare business insights and analytics, decision support for business initiatives covering commercial operations and overheads
- Provide support with commercial impact of raw materials, commodity pricing and associated pricing decisions
- Establish and maintain strong financial controls over the division.
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for the division
- Maintain and improve all aspects of management accounting and ensure information is used to drive improvements in commercial and operational performance.
The Successful Applicant
- A strong leader Financial Leader, qualified accountant who can lead a team but also demonstrate a clear understanding of the wider business, and achievements.
- Fast moving consumer products sector experience, or similar within a large and complex organisation.
- Strong, effective communicator with the ability to thrive in very changeable environments and remain focused on delivering a successful result
- Excellent intellectual capacity and application with the ability to effective apply that to a variety of commercial situations
What's on Offer
An excellent salary and benefits package.