About Our Client
A multinational company with 5 manufacturing plants in Europe and Asia, and recently acquired by a large international group, needs to hire a Finance Director.
Reporting to the European CFO, this person's main tasks will be working on the Organization's transformation and integration within the Group.
- Make decision making easier for the Company's General Management.
- Change current structures and processes to adapt them to the needs of both the Group that it belongs to and those of its market.
- Have an influence on and worry about the development of its partners in order to have a committed and united team with clearly defined goals and responsibilities. Motivate partners so that they all feel like part of the Organization and can identify with and be involved in its objectives.
- Plan and organize the team and the economic and technological resources made available to ensure the achievement of established deliverables.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of a policy of indicators and reporting as well as in the calculation and control of costs.
- Prepare monthly closings and reporting.
- Check the preparation of accounting and closings, the issuance of individual and consolidated balance sheets and income statements of the Group, as well as oversee internal audits.
- Check and contribute to the Group's preparation of budgets, based on forecasts made.
- Promote budgetary control in order to achieve the established objectives.
- Analyze the suitability of making certain investments and study/report on the different financing alternatives in terms of profitability to ensure the Company's sustainability and growth.
- Check and monitor fixed assets and working capital.
- Make long-term forecasts (5-6 years) and define projections in order to provide a vision for the future that eases decision-making.
- Check and monitor tax activity in order to ensure the Company's compliance with tax obligations.
- Analyze and interpret the Group's balance sheets and income statements.
- Lead the preparation of statistics for periodic and annual financial statements.
The Successful Applicant
We are thinking about a person with the following:
- Degree in Business Administration and Management or Economics.
- Candidate with management control and a business-oriented approach will be especially valued.
- Up-to-date knowledge in accounting, consolidation, and reporting.
- Experience in the implementation of an ERP is desirable.
- It is necessary that the candidate has a minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Financial Director in a similarly complex company, or if lacking this, experience in multi-plant management control with ambition to grow personally and professionally (especially within the industrial sector). Ideally, he/she will bring international experience from a multi-plant company.
- Fluent English.
What's on Offer