Finance Director opportunity based in Birmingham
Well established, profitable and autonomous division of international group
About Our Client
Our client, based in the Birmingham area, is a well established, profitable and autonomous division of international manufacturing group.
An excellent opportunity has been created for a Finance Director to join a forward thinking leadership team, ahead of an exiting period of growth for the firm.
The business is a leader in its field, with a strong track record of profitability and a brand synonymous with high quality production.
As Finance Director, you will oversee the running of both the finance and IT functions, taking a lead role in developing best in class systems, processes and reporting.
As a member of the board, you will act as finance business partner to the other directors and play a key role in strategic decision making and day-to-day commercial matters.
Reporting to the MD, responsibilities as Finance Director include:
- Specific finance input to strategies - implement effective measures and reporting to enable improvement and understanding on business financials.
- Full financial control - ensuring clean audit, accurate management information, and meeting of reporting deadlines.
- Finance business partnering to the board - providing relevant, accurate and timely management information and general commercial input.
- Group reporting - ensure all Group deadlines are met.
- Treasury & cash management - manage cash-flow to stay within banking facilities and meet Group targets. Successful working capital management.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will hold an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have already operated at a similar level as Finance Director or Financial Controller within a small to medium business environment.
Manufacturing sector experience is highly desirable, to have full ownership and understanding of matters such as stock, margin and efficiencies.
Good communication skills at all levels are essential, as are a genuine passion for the job, the success of the business and for continuous improvement.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package.