No 1 finance role with acquisitive manufacturing group
Well established, profitable company with positive culture
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, profitable manufacturer based in Burton, East Midlands. An exciting new opportunity has been created for a Finance Director to join the organisation taking responsibility for leading the finance and IT teams.
The business has a strong order book, has been unaffected by the pandemic and is targeting multiple acquisitions over the coming years.
As Finance Director, the priority will be to support business growth, both organic and via acquisition, through effective commercial business partnering to the senior leadership team, supporting with current and future contracts / bids and generally providing insight and commentary on the numbers.
As Finance Director you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Produce and update the company strategic plan and budget and provide the management team with insights and recommendations in relation to the financial numbers and variances.
- Prepare regular financial performance reporting and provide the management team with analysis of variances and commercial insights on the significance of the financial numbers.
- Development of local Operational KPI's with on-going reporting and analysis.
- Overseeing tax issues and ensuring compliance.
- Review, monitor and improve accuracy of forecasts and budgets. Provide financial insight to forecasts and budget achievement for both profit and cash.
- Identify and drive efficiencies in Working Capital levels, maximising operational cash conversion across the businesses.
- Ensure the production of timely and accurate financial and statutory reports.
- Ensure that there are adequate systems and controls to maintain the integrity of the accounting information, safeguard company assets and maximise financial performance.
- Provide finance and business support input to tendering and contract negotiation activities, as required.
- Liaise with a range of external stakeholders, including banks, customers and suppliers on financial related matters.
- Oversee the day to day activities of the IT team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a track record within the manufacturing sector.
You will be able to demonstrate achievements as a finance business partner, where you have made a commercial impact on business performance and worked effectively as part of a senior leadership team.
Excellent communication skills and team management experience are also highly desirable.
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £80,000 + benefits