- Exciting opportunity to work as the first UK employee of an overseas group
- Working toward divesting the UK business with opportunity to become CFO
About Our Client
A high-growth UK commercial property business that is part of a listed, overseas group. Whilst the UK business is only a few years old, it has grown exponentially and has a multi-billion development pipeline. The decision has been taken to divest the UK business and the parent company is therefore looking to establish a physical presence in the UK. The role will is based in Warwickshire, in a location that is easily accessible from the East or West Midlands.
To grow its UK business, my client is seeking an individual who will be able to take charge of its growing UK operations and assist in the implementation of transactions which add to the value of the portfolio.
As Finance Director, you will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the UK business, with primary responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities including the development of financial and operational strategies. The role will have direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, you will report to the company CEO and ultimately the Board of Directors of the Group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Developing financial and tax strategies and implementing any changes required
- Overseeing all transactions and processing systems
- Overseeing the implementation of property acquisitions, developments, subdivision and consolidation of land parcels as applicable
- Providing strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities
- Ensuring effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Short-term and long-term cash management
- Assisting in growing the team of finance and property professionals in the UK
The Successful Applicant
The role would suit a well-rounded chartered accountant looking to take on an exciting challenge as the first UK employee of the Group. The ideal candidate will be commercially minded, whilst having strong technical awareness and combine high IQ & EQ. There must also be a willingness to be 'hands-on' and get involved with detail. Sector background is not important, but the role does require someone willing to learn and work in a broad role that will, at times, take them outside of the finance remit. The role is based in Warwickshire and will require someone who is happy to be in the office the majority of the time.
What's on Offer
Generous six-figure basic and excellent package