- Exciting opportunity for a Finance Director to join the sustainability sector
- Finance Director will manage Finance, Legal and the Commercial Functions
About Our Client
LondonEnergy Ltd is focused on contributing to the protection of our environment and proactively helping the local community in North London.
LondonEnergy Ltd is the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling and treating nearly 750,000 tonnes of London's waste and recyclables, and generates enough electricity to power more than 80,000 homes every year. They divert more than 90% of waste away from landfill saving nearly 300,000 tonnes of CO2e every year and achieve a 70% recycling rate across all their sites.
Reporting to the MD, this board level role is responsible for the Finance, Legal/Governance, IT and Commercial functions at LondonEnergy Ltd. This is a pivotal role within the organisation at a time of growth and modernisation. You will be working with the NLWA to deliver and operate a state-of-the-art energy recovery facility.
- Ensuring that the Company meets statutory and reporting requirements, and that the integrity of Company financial and legal data is maintained
- Providing financial support to the organisation including business planning, management reporting and useful analysis for the business
- Reporting to the Audit and Risk Committee on risk management, insurance, internal and external audit and annual published accounts
- Working closely with the Managing Director and executive team to deliver the Board's strategy
- Establishing strong relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders including the insurers & bankers
The Successful Applicant
You will have a proven track record of achievement as a Finance Director or the equivalent, with first class leadership skills and the ability to drive and manage a large capital project through a diverse workforce. You will have experience of working in a political environment and possess strong stakeholder management skills. The ideal candidate will have worked in a complex organisation preferably in the energy, utilities, manufacturing or the logistics sector.
It is also essential that you are CCAB or CIMA qualified and come with the necessary gravitas that this role requires.
We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and bonus
Closing date: 4th August 2021