- Key Leadership role for an established UK business
- Hybrid working on offer
About Our Client
An exciting time to join a PE backed business in a turnaround phase.
The purpose of this role is to drive change and provide strong financial leadership. It will be a key role in providing effective financial planning, detailed budgets/forecasts, cashflow management and improving financial process and controls. You will set a vision for the department and drive both cultural and process change across the wider business in collaboration with the other Senior Managers.
- Weekly cash reporting and forecasting to board and shareholder supported by one of the Finance Analysts - this is the most critical area given its importance to the business and the minimal margin for error
- Delivery of budget
- Oversight of monthly management accounts production supported by Financial Reporting Manager ensuring these are used for decision-making across business
- Management of daily and weekly payment runs supported by Finance Manager
- Oversight of payroll supported by Finance Manager and in collaboration with HR
- Management of operational responsibilities including cancellations, customer chargebacks, sales commission queries, margin reports
- Understand and develop the business' strategic objectives, including those specific to Finance, and put in place structured plans to align resource to delivering these identifying and addressing any gaps
- Understand priorities for the operational areas of the business (lead generation, sales, survey, manufacturing and installations) and other central functions (HR, IT, Compliance, Procurement, H&S, Procurement and Business Analytics) to work with key stakeholders to support them with insightful reporting and efficient transactional processes
- Act as a key business partner across the Senior Management Team
- Support CEO and CFO as leader of margin management, overhead control and tracking performance against key financial metrics
- Proactively manage external relationships in support of CFO including bank, industry body and key suppliers
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified Accountant with a proven track record within a similar leadership finance role. Your background will ideally be within the manufacturing industry and specifically an SME environment where your role has been hands on and detail orientated. Exposure in a turnaround, transformation environment would be advantageous.
You will have a collaborative and proactive outlook and be comfortable working with senior stakeholders delivering financial information with succinct and commercial delivery. You will have strong financial reporting skills and proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines and balance multiple objectives sometimes with incomplete information. Experience of continuous process improvement and identifying inefficiencies would be desirable as well as the ability to add value through interpretation of financial data.
Above all, you will be an experienced candidate that can demonstrate examples of fixing processes to drive more efficient ways of working and of leading cultural change. You will be detail and deadline orientated with strong work and personal ethics and will be actively seeking a business partnering role. Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills are essential as is the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels. Experience of managing a larger transactional finance team, development of teams and mentoring would also be highly desirable.
What's on Offer
Six Figure Package