Fast Growth SME
Finance Director Opportunity
About Our Client
Davro Group Ltd which incorporates DAVLAV and Maxi Space is a leading, well established brand within the South East of England. The business is a leading supplier to the construction industry offering a strong and diverse range of products. The company is fast growing and going from strength to strength, developing and offering new innovative products and supplying the Middle East with modular buildings. Their success has been offering an unrivalled service that competitors find hard to match.
Service is key to success
The FD needs to be commercially minded and dynamic. This role will give them the opportunity to grow with the company and develop their future career. Experience in acquisitions would be advantageous as this will form part of the business growth strategy over the coming years.
The position is a critical role for the company and rewards will be based on performance. Davro Group are a family run business and have a strong team ethic throughout the company.
Key Duties include:
- Provide strategic and commercial financial leadership.
- Ensure all financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations to control costs
- Management of the annual budgeting process.
- Developing and managing robust management accounts that provide good quality information to both management team
- Developing and managing detailed budgets and forecasts, including all supporting schedules
- Working capital and cash management
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting, tax and regulatory requirements
- Provide detailed written and verbal reporting as required to the board in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Contribute key financial input to the strategic view and development of the business
- Audit preparation / control and management
- The preparation and interpretation of financial information.
- Lead and develop the finance team.
- Involvement in all financial planning, financial accounting control.
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate financial information e.g. Monthly management reporting to the board.
- Identify key risks and opportunities.
- Ability to act as a business partner to the MD and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a commercially driven Finance Director with a proven track record of adding value in a leadership role, working alongside the Board to drive the ambitions of the business. Ideally this will be within a similar sized or larger SME. You will have strong financial controls experience and be comfortable running the day to day finance function.
You will be comfortable supervising and developing a small finance team. You will be hands on and happy to get into the detail but also have the ability to contribute at Board level offering your strategic and commercial acumen and new ideas. You will demonstrate the ability to positively communicate with colleagues, customers and suppliers in order to form and maintain good working relationships. Experience within the rental or construction sector would be advantageous.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential with the ability to present at Board level and be a strong team player. You will be open, engaging, have strength of character and also have a "can do" attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate good attention to detail showing logical decision making and prompt delivery to deadlines.
You will have a proven track record in owner managed, entrepreneurial growth environments and be able to demonstrate commercial activities that have aided growth. Ideally you will have experience of Sage50.
What's on Offer
Any direct/agency applicants will be forwarded to Page Executive for consideration