A privately owned, highly acquisitive group, with an ambitious growth agenda
A FD opportunity in the Midlands leading the Group's commercial finance activity
About Our Client
Our client is a growing privately owned services group. Highly acquisitive, they have an ambitious growth agenda, and already have an enviable collection of well-known quality brands. Operating across more than 100 sites and alongside a strong franchise business they intend to quickly establish the group as a dominant player in their respective markets.
Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth both through investment and/or acquisition and their objective is to further strengthen and grow the positions of all their brands nationally and internationally. The Finance Director will sit as a member of the executive management team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future growth and success of the business.
As the Finance Director, based in the Midlands, you will be a key part of the executive management team. Reporting to the MD, the role will have overall responsibility for all aspects of finance and with a principal focus to lead the Group's commercial finance activity and to drive the performance management focus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing commercial challenge, support and advice to the senior team and partnering the MD in the delivery of performance
- Supporting the Group with acquisitions and taking a lead with a post-acquisition integration work.
- Providing meaningful, value adding analysis on issues impacting the business, both current and future and managing the long and short-term forecast
- Leading and developing a high performing finance team and instil a culture of continuous improvement
- Full ownership and accountability for the integrity and accuracy of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Working Capital requirements
- Overall responsibility for cash management with a demonstrable track record in cash flow forecasting and working capital management
The Finance Director, together with existing board members, will be instrumental in future growth and success.
The Successful Applicant
For this Finance Director opportunity in the Midlands, successful candidates must have/be:
A qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with significant post qualification experience
An experienced Finance Director with previous experience at Board level within a multi-site, customer facing service environment and a preference for retail, hospitality or leisure businesses that have been fast growing
Experience needs to have had a commercial focus and to have been a key contributor to growth
Extensive experience of cash and debt management
Significant experience of financial leadership roles and broad finance experience to include financial control, financial planning and partnering
Demonstrable experience in growing revenues, EBITDA and managing working capital and cash
Post-acquisition integration work is highly desirable
Experience of driving a performance culture
What's on Offer
Six figure basic and benefits package