Access to Board Level
Working on highly strategic projects
About Our Client
My client, a leading Hotel Group in Hong Kong, are going through continued growth within the region despite the current socio-economic conditions. As part of a wider group, they are now ready to continue with their expansion.
As the VP Finance, you will be responsible for the strategic direction of the finance function for the organisation. With access to Board level, you will be looking at new ideas, where improvements can be made and also working on non-finance related strategic projects as and when they occur. Responsibilities include:
* working alongside the Board and being involved in the strategic initiatives that will be shaping the future of the company. You will be expected to challenge ideas as well as come up with innovation of your own.
* looking at the financial planning of the organisation, working closely with the senior leadership team to look at the P&L and where improvements need to be made.
* looking after projects as they arise such as office relocation's or renovations, putting together project teams to ensure they are carried out in the required time and to the exemplary standard of the company.
* developing a small team of finance professionals, ensuring personal development and making sure that they are in the right positions.
Above all, you will be looking at how finance can be used as a tool to enhance business rather than one putting in process and procedure, hampering growth.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a real high-flyer and will have developed rapidly within their career. You will have had exposure to all levels of business and not be afraid to challenge when you feel it to be in the interests of the company. You will have a solid background in finance but will also have a commercial side to your background. Other attributes include:
* excellent presentation skills. Working with Board members, you will need to be able to quickly put across your point and stand up to questioning about the benefits to the business.
* previous experience in working in best-practice, high quality companies where you have been a major part in their success.
* experience of working on strategic projects outside of finance and have an attitude of being able to complete projects to a really high standard; taking pride in what you do.
* very strong educational background, ideally having either being educated or having worked abroad.
You will be looking for a challenge where you can make a real difference in a business and be highly motivated to get to a high level in the business.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to progress very quickly as well as being able to work with some exceptional business leaders