- Save Job
- Email job
- Partner with Executive Level Leadership and Manage the Accounting/Finance Team
- Leading New England Construction Company with a Strong Project Pipeline
About Our Client
The Financial Controller - Construction will be in charge of the Accounting and Finance function for this well-established New England Construction company with headquarters near Wareham, MA. The company have a well-established client base with a strong pipeline of projects on the horizon and the business is looking for a Finance Leader to manage and develop the Accounting team as well as partner with Executive Level Leadership. If you would like to learn more, please review the job description and submit your resume for consideration.
The Financial Controller - Construction will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the Financial results of the company and daily Accounting operations.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems and ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements as well as internal financial policies
- Be a strategic business partner to Founder, President, COO and all members of company
- Manage the budget process and 3-5 year Business Plan.
- Manage the Accounting and Finance team - including training of team and making new hires
- Maintain, update, and audit the business unit backlog data.
- Monitor overhead cost trends and lead/participate in monthly/quarterly overhead reviews partnering with Business Unit Leaders
- Track and monitor labor productivity including the understanding of the specific labor rate structures
- Ensure project set-up is accurate in and in line with company standards (use of cost codes, rates, etc.)
- Produce monthly risk/reserve analysis for active projects.
- Communicate and drive billing best practices with the accounting group (billing process map, roles & responsibilities, etc.,)
- Follow up with project managers and accountants on timeliness of invoices and collections.
- Oversee overall cash flow/position for each project and implement corrective action as needed
- Manage the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external auditors as well as working directly with bonding companies and other insurance agencies
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax and compliance in multiple states, not just Massachusetts
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Finance oversees and performs monthly closes
- Monthly cost to complete meetings with production team to assess project financial status and forecasting to completion
- Review and provide comment on all owner's contract
- Additional projects as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The Financial Controller - Construction should have the following skill sets and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree
- Systems: Sage300/Timberline or similar
- 10+ years of Accounting tenure specifically within the Construction Industry
- 3+ years of Controller level management
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller - Construction will be rewarded with the following:
- Base Salary Range: $165,000 - $175,000
- Bonus eligibility
- 401(k) with matching
- Insurance: health, dental and vision coverage
- Additional training and benefits
If you would like to learn more, please submit your resume for consideration.
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Property & Construction
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Christopher Knight
- Job reference