- Fast-paced, dynamic business in a growing sector
- Autonomous role with scope for progression
About Our Client
Our client is a large, successful B2B service provider based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. Due to both organic growth and acquisition, the business has expanded rapidly creating an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will take responsibility for managing the finance team, overseeing all aspects of accounts production whilst leading on key systems integration and process / control improvement projects.
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team and cross-functional department heads.
- Attendance at relevant cross-functional meetings that require finance input.
- Working with departments to provide financial planning support, equipping senior leaders with the information they need to run their departments.
- Driving a culture of financial accountability and awareness across the business and provide critical thinking to support business decisions.
- Proactively ensuring continuous improvement in the use of systems, processes, and controls.
- Leading the finance department of - ensuring that the team is suitably motivated and developed.
- Leading or overseeing projects to ensure continuous improvement within the department.
- Ensuring that monthly and year end financial results are prepared accurately and submitted on a timely basis.
- Accountability for the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Cash management and forecasting.
- Interrogation of the financial results to provide insightful performance analysis.
- Co-ordinating the annual external audit process and process to compile corporation tax returns.
- Preparation and co-ordination of the annual budget process and routine forecasts.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a track record at FC or Finance Manager level, be technically very strong and have a deep understanding of finance systems.
Ideally you will have trained within a top tier accountancy firm and have people management experience.
Being comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment is essential, as is a willingness to interact with senior stakeholders outside of the finance function.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.