Footwear Costing Director
Working with a Global remit
Managing a team of experts
About Our Client
My client is a Global Footwear and Apparel organisation who own multiple brands at various different price points who are expanding and growing across the APAC region. With the HQ over in the US, they have multiple opportunities for progression both inside and outside of Asia.
As the Footwear Costing Director, you will be looking at all aspects in regards to the final price of the products. You will be creating the overall yearly strategy and ensuring that the team has the right plan in place to be successful. You will be responsible for building relationships with the US HQ and bringing in best practice and process to the organisation. Working across a huge volume and multiple brands you will set out the details for each of these brands and looking at what improvements can be made. Other responsibilities include:
* optimise costing and improve the overall consistency of the cost structure.
* Maximise the cost opportunity through analytics and experience and be adept at tracking cost fluctuations and have an ability to deal with these seamlessly.
* Working closely with the Sourcing and Supply Chain teams to conduct material and logistic cost analysis.
* Mentoring and adapting the team to deal with the market. Understand the different locations and where sourcing needs to be done and making those changes.
Above all, you will be piecing together every aspect of the finished product and maximise cost whilst making sure that quality is in no way affected.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Footwear Costing Director will have a background in working in Retail Costing for large brands where quality is paramount. You will have developed rapidly through your career, taking on more and more experience in managing teams of experts and will have a ready network in the Footwear industry to pull from. Other requirements include:
* team management experience, ideally you will have looked at multiple functions such as Sourcing and Production to really understand the processes and how the costing works.
* Degree in Business or Finance
* In depth knowledge of the Footwear commodity and a track record or running change through an organisation.
* Track record of building relationships at a very senior level.
* Experience in working with overseas partners.
You will be a high-flyer in your current organisation and be able to show that you have performed to an excellent standard for all of your previous companies.
What's on Offer
Working with a fantastic leader who has a clear plan for progression as well as this being a truly Global organisation with highly recognised brands.