Fortune500 IT Business - Strategic Financial Planning Director
Working as a co-pilot of CEO and having an impact on business strategies
About Our Client
Fortune500, NYSE listed IT Software business has been successful in its industry across the globe and particularly in Japan. Their service products are well liked and used among public sector and commercial businesses that have been struggling with IT security and efficiency etc.
Key responsibilities for the Strategic Planning Director are;
- Drive and define financial plans, business plans, and strategies aligned to their IT global strategy and work closely with President in Japan and senior stakeholders in Japan/HQ.
- Own and push boundaries of financial planning and analysis to produce rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of accuracy and clarity.
- Architect and drive Japan's annual strategic planning process(financial and business planning, including target setting for key metrics), partnering closely with our EMEA planning team and HQ Sales
Strategy, GTM Operations, and Business Analytics teams.
- Partner with senior executives to drive, improve, and forecast some of most critical and visible business metrics: Revenue, Annual Recurring, Revenue (Bookings), Billings, Churn, Gross and Net Retention, Sales Pipeline,
and GTM efficiency ratios.
- Provide monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including top-line and expense variances to plan, to ensure key drivers, issues, and required actions are deeply understood.
- Design and deliver ad-hoc projects and efforts in partnership with our HQ SP&A
team Lead, Coach and develop 1 direct report
- Prepare and facilitate the Japan Leadership Team (JLT) meetings to discuss the Japan strategy. Monitor the progress of the action items determined at JLT meetings.
- Lead the kick-off meeting to share the Japan strategy among the business at the beginning of fiscal year and the half-year meeting to review the progress of the business at the beginning of the 2nd half.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must have strong entrepreneurial mindset and proactively advise to top management from finance perspective.
Key Working Experience
- Minimum 10years of strategic financial planning experience in IT sector(Ideally from Software)
- Strong stakeholder management experience for at least 5years
- Fluent English and Japanese ability
- Strong communication and presentation skills with good entrepreneurial mindset
People Management Skill
- Experience in Mentoring, Coaching, Developing your talents
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to look after the whole business in Japan and collaborate with global top management in the business.
- Break the status quo and provide new ideas to lead the business.
- Good open culture and you would feel that you are working for an innovative IT business.
- International opportunity