General Counsel - Renewable Energy
First legal hire for renewable energy client
Very exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team
About Our Client
Renewable Energy client.
- Manage the internal legal staff of associate lawyers and paralegals to develop and implement contracting process, including contracting policy, form agreements, and processes to review, file and amend agreements
- Manage the process to provide legal contracting support to all company functions (management of external counsel), including negotiation, review, amendment and enforcement of services agreements, long-term contracts, non-disclosure agreements, warranty agreements, and construction or EPC agreements
- Manage the legal due diligence and third-party audit processes as required
- Work with Investments and Operations in the selection, retention and management of outside counsel, including for deals, litigation, securities law and compliance matters
- Manage internal legal staff in the drafting and/or review of documents on a wide range of transactional and financing matters.
- Manage and maintain corporate database system and related files and agreements
- Oversee Corporate governance and compliance matters - draft board resolutions and board meeting materials; manage ongoing corporate duties including entity formation and related record keeping in conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Serve as a member of the firms' Executive Committee and participate in the overall management and strategic direction of the business.
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a top-tier accredited law school and bar admission in any state
- Experience as a General Counsel in a small/medium size, high growth, entrepreneurial firm or experience working with similar organizations at a top-tier law firm
- Substantive experience in corporate transactions with a broad understanding of M&A;
- Excellent writing, document drafting, analytical and communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage a legal department while working in concert with Investments, Finance, Operations and external legal counsel
- Familiarity with complex transactions is essential; tax equity and construction financing, inter-company agreements, and experience with renewable energy projects is desirable
- Additionally, familiarity with fund structures, securities law, and regulatory compliance is seen as a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Additional perks