Technology start-up seeking first General Counsel
Day to day interaction with business executives, advising on all legal matters
About Our Client
Technology start up with Series C-funding.
The General Counsel will essentially be responsible for all legal matters for the technology start-up and will be tasked with growing out the legal team. Outside counsel will be utilized for any litigation matters.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the General Counsel role will have the following qualifications and skills:
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school with top academic credentials
- Admission to a US State Bar in good standing
- 7-12 years of experience practicing, with an emphasis on commercial contracts, corporate legal matters and technology
- Ideal experience will be a mix of top law firm and in-house experience within the technology industry or working in a start-up environment.
- Must have excellent drafting and negotiating skills, specifically with the following commercial contracts: technology agreements (SaaS, IT services, etc.), manufacturing agreements, MSAs, NDAs, intellectual property agreements, equipment agreements, leasing agreements, all vendor agreements, etc.
- Experience advising C-Level executives and board members on a variety of legal matters
- Strong business acumen with a focus on mitigating risk
- Ability to work autonomously and make high-level decisions
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, cash/additional bonus, benefits.