- Lead an ANZ team for a global Pharmaceutical MNC
- Lead business transformation
About Our Client
Our client is an international Pharmaceutical MNC specializing in generic drugs, who is on a mission to make good health more affordable and accessible, to help millions around the world enjoy healthier lives. It's a mission that bonds our people across nearly 60 countries and a rich, diverse variety of nationalities and backgrounds.
With rapid growth in APAC, they are looking for a GM, ANZ to be responsible for the overall management of the region's P&L while fostering a robust in-cluster organization. This role is based in Australia. As part of the International Markets Leadership Team, the GM will drive the business position and targeted achievement in ANZ.
- Act as thought leadership and provide leadership to the ANZ Commercial unit
- Deliver Business Unit growth and country profitability short-term, mid-term and beyond by leading the industry with on-time customer service levels. Seek new opportunities for patient and customer solutions
- Identify the impacts (e.g., threats & opportunities) on the business of external forces such as industry changes, competitor actions, legal/regulatory changes, international/market trends, and technological changes. Rise above situations and take a "big picture" view.
- Understand the difference between long term, strategic plans and short-term, tactical plans
- Foster a high performing organization focused on performance driven culture, people engagement, talent management, succession planning and leveraging on all available resources within ANZ, APAC cluster and the Region
- Identify, analyzes and prioritize new business and growth opportunities in the country, with a clear plan to source out, and map all business opportunities, first to launch, licensing deals etc
- Manage and influence strategic external relationships with key stakeholders that drive market access and expansion
- Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 15 years of experience, with at least 3-5 years in an executive level position, such as general manager
- Results oriented and committed to excellence for clients
- Possessing team building capabilities, including recruiting, and developing from inside talented managers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical business in Australia and New Zealand
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface directly with management, commercial, customers and health authorities
- Ability to work under changing environment and manage ambiguity and incertitude
What's on Offer
Our client is looking to further grow the business that has already enjoyed success in ANZ. This role is for someone who has existing regional management experience, with a long-term mindset and risk appetite. There will be an attractive compensation package for the right candidate.