General Manager - China
Full P&L responsibility
Huge scope for progression
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading names in Packaging across a huge range of different industries and products. With offices across the world, they offer their customers unrivalled chose and offer a bespoke service to deliver on their needs. They are pioneers in sustainability and are driving best practices across the industry.
As the General Manager - China, you will be looking after the offices across the region. Headquartered in Shanghai and with manufacturing facilities in multiple provinces, you will be responsible for all areas of the business and ensuring that the company continues to grow and expand. Key responsibilities include:
* responsible for the full P&L of the business. Working very with the global team in US, you will be working on the business' three year plan; identifying revenue targets as well as identifying new markets to penetrate.
* full business assessment. You will be looking at the market split between the various industries and product types and deciding on where the focus needs to be. You will also be working with the technical teams to look at new products and where they will be best manufactured.
* full responsibility for the multiple manufacturing sites. You will be assessing the manufacturing standards across the business to look at efficiency improvements as well as all of the health and safety related issues.
* sustainability is at the forefront of the business and so you will need to look at where improvements can be made and how to drive this while still remaining profitable.
* responsible for all of the back office functions such as HR, Marketing and Finance. You will be ensuring that you have the very best talent in place to make sure that business practices are being followed through.
Above all, you will be responsible for everything that happens in the China region. You will be managing a highly skilled team but will need to be implementing improvements to ensure continued growth.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience in the Packaging industry and will have look at a multitude of different categories and sectors. You will have had previous P&L responsibility and will be able to show improvements in all businesses that you have managed. Other attributes include:
* experience of managing large teams across multiple locations and have previously opened up new offices within the region.
* a background in best practice manufacturing and supply chain processes with the ability to quickly go into a facility and identify where improvements need to be made.
* prior experience in developing and growing markets whether in consumer, automotive of industrial, you will bring with you an existing knowledge of the customer base and be able to win new business for your new employer.
* a knowledge of sustainability and the up and coming technologies used to make sure that the company continues to lead the way in this very important area. Experience in branding and marketing of this would be an advantage.
* experience of building up great stakeholder relationships with ideally US HQ businesses. You will be working remotely and will need to know the best way to communicate what is necessary with the Board.
* Mandarin language skills a big advantage.
Above all, you will be a highly driven individual with a great track record of leading world class operations and be hungry for further success.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to get into an organisation with huge growth potential