General Manager - Credit
Mid-sized South African retail bank with very promising growht path ahead
Full end-to-end credit management responsibility
About Our Client
Our client is financial services provider that has grown over the years and managed to entrench itself primarily within the working community within a specific industry sector. Our client has a strong presence and customer accessibility, mainly in selected industry sector hubs and rural communities in South Africa. They currently employ more than 700 staff.
- Align credit strategy to ensure achievement of the business objectives.
- Review and ensure compliance with approved credit granting mandates.
- Oversee the execution of all credit activities.
- Ensure that the Bank complies with legislative and regulatory requirements in the conduct of its lending activities.
- Oversee the determination of loan impairments on a monthly basis.
- Contribute towards the development of products that meet market demands.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements with respect to reporting obligations pertaining to the lending portfolio.
- Monitor the performance of models used and ensure they remain appropriate and enable the portfolio to remain in line with approved risk appetite limits.
- Keep abreast of new industry developments within the unsecured lending and credit environment.
The Successful Applicant
- B.Honours degree in Finance and related disciplines
- Minimum 10-12 years end-to-end Credit Management experience in Retail banking (ideally unsecured lending)
- A proven leader, working effectively with multiple stakeholders (customers, employees, regulators, Board etc.)
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience in a strategic role
- Strong experience in Credit analytics (set-up and implementation)
- Working experience in a rapidly changing and complex environment
What's on Offer
The General Manager - Credit will have the full end-to-end responsibility for his department. In an environment that is constantly growing, the successful candidate will be able to strategically contribute to the development into a multi-product financial service provider.