- Position located on remote/isolated site far from Accra
- Agro-industrial experience in Africa required
About Our Client
Our client is an international key player of the agro-industry. As part of its development in West Africa, we are looking to recruit a General Manager for its operations in Ghana.
Based remotely in Ghana, you report to the Group CEO and manage Group managerial and operational activities in the country.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments:
- Supervising site management and P&L, agriculture and production operations for the Group in Ghana together with relationship with external stakeholders,
- Developing, proposing and implementing annual budget plans and look after managerial, operational and technical aspects of the company in the country,
- Representing the best interests of the company in line with budget, legal requirements, strategy and objectives set by the Group with unions and third parties,
- Leading the physical development of the existing plantations and upcoming agriculture projects,
- Managing, growing and developing a large workforce with the support of all the departments you manage,
- Ensuring continuity of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs and Communication with employees and auditors as per the Group policy.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in agronomy with a minimum of 10 years' experience in technical/agronomy site and/or General Management positions in the agro-industry with international companies in Africa. Technical and Agronomy experience in the agro-industry in Africa is mandatory for this role, general management experience will be nice to have. Agile, driven, independent, buying for action and proactive, you are a passionate individual with strong communication skills that will help you grow the Group's activities in the country and succeed with internal and external relationships.
What's on Offer