- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT CHALLENGE TO TAKE
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global Iconic Brand Operating World Wide. For its new Golf & Spa Resort, we are looking for a GENERAL MANAGER.
The GM will work to ensure the successful delivery of the individual departmental plans as they fit within the overall business strategy.
The GM will inspire, coach, guide and motivate their team and act as the leader for the property in terms of relationship management and development. Leading by example, to ensure the team always look to 'Do the Right Thing'.
The GM will be the point person between the property/properties and the Regional Office and is ultimately accountable for the achievement of all departmental KPI's.
Working with the Regional Office, the GM will define and execute a detailed strategic budget plan for the property/properties. This will also include setting performance targets, complying with all policies, processes and procedures as well as defining the infrastructure of the hotel.
The GM will focus to develop the awareness of the hotel within the city, region and country, to help the 'Grow our Iconic Brands', supported by PR, Social Media plans, relationship with Media, attendance to key exhibitions.
Furthermore, he/she will build daily an excellent relationship with owners, protecting the assets and be the Ambassador of the Management Team. Will build a strong PR presence and relationship with Media, Trade shows etc.
The GM will be accountable for the overall success and performance of the hotel;
Including the delivery of sales, the continuous improvement whilst delivering exceptional guest service and quality.
Including the profitability by keeping a firm control over the bottom line, anticipating and or resolving potential problems, obstacles which may hinder revenue optimization, cost control or quality.
As the guardian and protector of the brand, the GM will launch and follow up all the brand standards. He/she will be the guarantor to implement all tools (Medallia, QA, Rewards, Matrix).
The GM will ensure in conjunction with the hotel management team and on site HR to identify, select, recruit, develop, engage, manage, retain and inspire associates to maximise the hotels return on Human Capital.
The GM will live the Count On Me service culture values as a fundamental part of the operational strategy.
The Successful Applicant
- A recognized business or hospitality management qualification or a graduate degree
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a General Manager within a similar-sized branded hotel
- Experience of managing people / effective leadership
- Four / Five star internationally managed hotel experience is desired
- Highest level of numeracy and literacy
- Fluency in Turkish and English is essential
- A strong sense of commerciality
- Excellent guest service skills
- Previous experience as GM of a hotel opening is an advantage
- Articulates BU'S/department's business direction, key drivers, and objectives
- Establishes forecasts and budgets
- Recognizes organizational limitations - what is possible at certain times
- Is aware of and responsive to external influences (positive or negative) on the organization
- Recognizes the characteristics and impactoforganizational culture
- Develops and champions initiatives that foster open communication
- Challenges the status quo and evaluates the effectiveness and impact of communication initiatives
- Behaves consistent with organizational vision and values
- Demonstrates personal accountability and holds others accountable
- Develops and promotes organizational values of trust and accountability
- Develops programs to recognize the unique skill set and contribution of all Associates
- Develops and sponsors programs that promote associates
- Anticipates when change is required and involves appropriate parties in planning
- Creates a sense of excitement and commitment around the message being communicated
- Plans and employs the appropriate medium, channel and format to enhance understanding and retention of the message
- Models an open and honest communication style to create an environment of empowerment
- Communicates in a timely manner
- Presents arguments clearly
- Consults all stakeholders prior to communication
- Fosters open communication and candid discussions with people at all levels of the organization
- Establishes communication structures to systematically disseminate information
- Creates a customer-focused environment in the organization
- Develops and strengthens customer relationships and loyalty
- Establishes business direction taking into account customer's long-term and short-term needs
- Establishes structures to systematically captures the voice of the customer
- Recognizes unspoken customer needs and identifies opportunities to create new value for customers
- Becomes a critical element of the customer's value chain & decision making process
- Sets goals and measures for organizational performance
- Obtains and assigns the right resources to the right tasks in order to achieve desired results
- Adjusts course of action based on changed priorities
- Holds people accountable for results
- Establishes boundaries and authority for different levels of decision making within the organization
- Delegates with appropriate guidance to enable decision making by team members
What's on Offer
GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
GREAT CHALLENGE TO TAKE