General Manager, Malaysia
Sales leadership role in a growing industrial and commercial sector
Excellent company culture, investment in people and R&D
About Our Client
With more than 50 years of rich history, our client is a European multinational providing products and solutions to the commercial and industrial sector. Their products are widely used across sectors such as food & beverage, transportation, energy & power systems, healthcare & life sciences, electronics and many others. As part of their aggressive investment plan in the Asia Pacific region, there is now a leadership opportunity in Malaysia to support and lead this strategic growth plan.
Reporting to the Regional President for APAC, this role will have overall accountability of the P&L and general management of Malaysia. Working closely with an established team, you will develop and execute the sales and marketing strategy to increase market share and profitability. You will be the focal point of contact for key customer relationships and would also continue to identify, evaluate and suggest new investment opportunities to expand the local market share. You will also build relationship or partnership with key opinion makers in the relevant industries and authorities with the purpose of business development and strengthening the company's brand name and positioning in the market. With continued investment of the company in the country and region, you will also have the autonomy to review the current team and processes, identify gaps for improvements and expanding the team if necessary. As an inspiring leader, you will be responsible to create a strong vision and team, instil a high-performance culture and build an environment where you can attract, retain and develop talent.
The Successful Applicant
- A recognised university degree and/or Masters / MBA qualification
- 10-15 years of relevant working experience in sales management and leadership role, specifically with experience managing Industrial end-users
- Sector exposure to energy, power systems, HVAC, oil & gas, semiconductor, transportation or other engineering companies would be advantageous
- Good knowledge and network of the Malaysia market and landscape
- Demonstrated track record in driving growth, business development, leading teams and managing P&L would be necessary
- Proven sales & marketing strategic leader with a 'hands-on' approach, a good team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset, resilient and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What's on Offer
Serves as member of the APAC Leadership team.
Excellent company culture and career progression opportunities.
Strong company values, continuous investment in R&D to produce high quality products, investment in People.