- Global Industry Leader
- New Commercial Focus
About Our Client
Through its recent acquisition by Australian private equity company, Allegro Funds, Toll Global Express has entered an exciting new phase of its proud 125 year history as one of the world's leading logistics solutions providers. The new ownership structure is focused on driving profitability across the region by investing in Toll's strong competitive position, whilst providing new innovative solutions to a growth orientated customer base in a complex operational environment.
A newly created Mining & Resources division allows Toll greater specialisation and service capabilities to the Australian Mining and Resources sector. This is across individual or integrated transport and logistics services including freight forwarding by rail, road, sea and air, warehousing, storage, distribution and business logistics solutions.
Drawing on its core capabilities, global reach and trusted relationships, Toll Global Express is focused on forging a new and exciting future for the business.
Reporting to the Executive General Manager, Palletised Express, the key focus of this position is to plan, direct, co-ordinate and achieve business unit and divisional growth and profitability objectives within the Australian Mining and Resources sector. This will be via service and capability development, new business acquisition and account management strategies.
This will include:
- Building a national mining and resources team, inclusive of both 'retain' and 'grow' expertise within key geographies
- Establishing a business strategy to deliver growth within the mining and resource sector, while protecting and developing existing customer relationships
- Identifying opportunities to develop the service platform to the mining and resources sector, inclusive of general logistics provisions, property network, technologies, and other value-added offerings
- Liaising with other Global Express business units regarding business opportunities, co-ordination of operations, and deployment of people and equipment to optimum advantage
- Ensuring compliance with all legislation governing industrial matters, human resources and occupational health and safety requirements
- Representing the company on appropriate industry bodies as required
The Successful Applicant
Ideally you will have a strong track record of success and achievement within the transport and logistics sectors, with exposure to the mining or associated industry sectors. Alternatively, you may be a mining professional with significant experience across transport, supply chain and logistics.
It is essential you are a proven leader with a strong commercial outlook and the ability to achieve key business outcomes through the execution of an agreed business strategy. This will involve new business acquisition, relationship management, operational execution and identification of further opportunities. Excellent communication, influencing, networking and stakeholder management skills are crucial to success in this integral position.
What's on Offer
This is a unique opportunity to drive and shape Toll Global Express' Mining and Resources division whilst exercising the company's core values of integrity and trust, safety, continuous improvement, teamwork and being open and transparent. Further attributes of the role include:
- A competitive salary package, including STI
- Ongoing training and development
- Cross divisional liaison
- A progressive, collaborative and forward thinking culture