General Manager to drive profitable growth
Nottinghamshire based processing business
About Our Client
Our client is a highly entrepreneurial industrial processor based in the Nottinghamshire region. Having shown consistent growth both through organic sales development and acquisition led activities they have the desire to recruit a world class General Manager who will be responsible for the P&L of their Processing business.
The General Manager will be responsible for multiple value streams within the business that deliver the consolidated Operational P&L. Within here the General Manager will gain full autonomy for the strategic direction of the operational facilities with the remit to help facilitate growth in volume and profitability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health and Safety: Maintain a strong focus on health and safety culture throughout the business.
- Financial: responsible for achieving budgeted performance for all profit centres and help to alleviate/mitigate external factors which could negatively impact on profit. Focus on sustainable profit growth and continuous improvement through optimisation of all operations and processes.
- Leadership and Staff development: Build a world class team to enhance performance.
- Productivity and Plant availability: Create and execute a strategy that optimises plant and equipment whilst maximising material conversion rates and minimising wastage.
- Innovation: Work with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to identify areas of innovation and value add that can both increase margin but also help facilitate growth.
- Customer Service and Product Quality: Ensure the best in class customer service through improved quality and delivery.
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking to attract a a highly commercial General Manager who is steeped in practical knowledge and implementation of lean manufacturing improvement techniques. Specifically they will have :
- Practical knowledge of lean manufacturing improvement techniques
- Proven track record of commercial success ideally including experience of leading multiple P&L's
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong awareness and consideration for HSEQ
- Experience in building and developing a strong management team
- Ideally Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and package