Overseeing all activities across mutiple plants in Poland.
The business is comprised of approx.400 employees in Poland
About Our Client
Our Client is an international manufacturer of steel and aluminum products.
* Responsible for the development and management of Poland's P&L to drive market share and profitable growth
* Define and direct the implementation of short-term and long-term strategy and budgets aligned to corporate breakthrough profitability, growth and operational objectives.
* Develop and implement a clear business plans to achieve growth targets within Poland and high growth markets by understanding markets, market trends, customer needs, competition, attending trade shows, developing strategic relationship with customers and within industry.
* Determine goods and services to be sold, make vs. buy, set prices and terms, based on forecasts of customer demand. Translating customer requirements into product & services, manufacturing and supply chain strategies resulting in the most cost effective and profitable manufacturing of product.
* Ensure profit margins are maximized through diligent management of pricing and commercial agreements.
* Manage capital improvement plans for manufacturing equipment and facilities
* Direct, analyze and report on the business plans, production, marketing, sales, all financial aspects of the business unit. Create action plans and countermeasure to achieve objectives.
* Oversee activities directly related to manufacturing of products or providing services.
* Increase team's effectiveness by recruiting, training, coaching and addressing performance shortfalls; communicating values, strategies and objectives, assigning accountability, monitoring and appraising job performance; developing incentives that are aligned with corporate and local objectives.
* Establish clear goals and objectives for direct reports and drive accountability for each through Policy Deployment
* Drive excellence, culture of lean, and world-class global best practices across the organization including Daily Management Process, Sales and Operations Planning, Supply Chain and Inventory Management, Strategy Planning and Deployment, Sales Funnel, etc.
* Drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity. Maintain quality product and service by establishing standard work and enforcing organization standards.
* Cultivate a culture of Respect for People, Developing a Superior Team and Embracing Operational Excellence mindset to drive a results and accountability to meet customer needs and performance expectations.
* Ensures organization's activities and operations are carried out in compliance with policies, local and country laws and regulations governing business operations.
* Requires ability to negotiate and compromise, and ability to communicate and influence different levels of organization including senior executive, customers, and others.
* Travel as required (Estimated 50%-75% of time).
The Successful Applicant
* A Bachelor's Degree in related field- Engineering, Operations, Business preferred.
* MBA is preferred.
* 12 or more years of similar industry experience with at least 10 years of experience in Sales and Operations. Management and at Executive level. 7 years of Machining, Grinding, Fabrication experience preferred.
* 7 year experience of managing P&L, a requirement to understand P&L and other financial data.
* Lean or Black Belt Certified preferred or demonstrated experience facilitating lean events with notable company.
* Required to speak and write fluently in English.
* Demonstrated ability to lead large teams of people and multi-million dollar revenues.
* Ability to significantly improve operation metrics including increasing turns, out of box quality, on time delivery, and reductions in cycle time, costs and inventory.
* Ability to analyze markets, customer needs and establish a commercial strategy to rapidly grow markets in Poland and outside of Poland.
* Ability to successfully influence senior level management, executives and key clients.
* NPI experience with new customer programs from concept to successful execution and delivery.
* Proven sales development skills and excellent operational and financial skills.
* Ability to work in a Matrix reporting environment, reporting to corporate office in US.
* Ability to analyze data and other information using Excel or other tools.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the flexibility to operate well in a rapidly changing, often high-stress environment.
* Superb leadership skills with a leadership style that mentors his/her team and engages and involves the entire enterprise in business success.
* High level of integrity, bias for action, lean thinker able to coach and mentor staff.
* Recognizes and develops talent as a key element of executing operational business plans.
* Provides strategic leadership for multiple sites.
What's on Offer
Strategic mandate in an international business with extraordinary possibility for future growth.