Working in an exciting industry
Be the business owenr to run the company
About Our Client
Our client is a global events business that builds trade, grows brands and creates extraordinary networks for customers. Their global portfolio attracts more than millions of people annually, generating billions of dollars for the customers across over 40 industries, and boosting the local economies wherever the events are hosted. And now they are looking for a GM role based in SH, managing the Automobile BU's business.
- To compile portfolio strategy, show strategy, business operating plan, cluster develop plan and project plan
- Managing the finance and profitability of the event.
- Work with Automobile companies, suppliers as partnership, lead the team to ensure the quality of the event.
- Quality is measured by the strength of the marketing programme, the number and quality of exhibitors, the number and quality of buyers, the financial success and the growth of the show.
- To manage and direct the project team in implementing the marketing/sales plans and budgets for the assigned shows.
- To manage key accounts, develop rapport and maintain high retention rate at the assigned events.To maintain high awareness of industry trends, climate, players, distribution and issues.
- Maintain all shows and improve market position against key competitors.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with business partners, including trade associations, trade boards and relevant supporting media.
- To monitor and evaluate the performance of direct line reporting staff and complete timely performance appraisal for all staff in department.
- Develop a succession planning structure featuring a deliberate mentoring initiative, to coach and develop team members.
The Successful Applicant
- University degree or above, MBA degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in sales or marketing with min. 10 years' experience in managing a sales or marketing team.
- PR/Advertising agency, or any related service business, partnered with Automobile clients is highly preferred.
- Good understanding and relevant knowledge in international business culture.
- Experience in managing a JV business, understand the culture differences between the 2 shareholders.
- Mature, excellent inter-personal communications and presentation skill.
What's on Offer
- Attractive package;
- Great career development path.