Overall responsibility for Hong Kong and China
Ability to grow the existing operations
About Our Client
My client is a leading Sourcing and Supply Chain organisation with a very wide range of products from White Goods right the way through to Foodstuffs and FMCG. With operations in Hong Kong and Qingdao, there supplier base is mainly in SEA with clients across the African continent. They are going through a significant period of growth with their client base expanding all the time
As the GM, you will be responsible for a team of 28 across China and Hong Kong, dealing with all areas of Sourcing, Shipping, Supply Chain, Administration and Human Resources. You will be responsible for training and developing staff as well as being the key contact point for the company's key clients as well as being the chief negotiator in come of their biggest commodities (e.g. Rice and Paper). Other responsibilities include:
* To create a lean, efficient and effective sourcing and supply chain strategy to achieve the Group's strategy and goals. This includes global sourcing, forecasting, shipping and logistics to the various group companies enabled by a process and technology back bone (ERP and other productivity tools).
* Provide business, operational and IT strategic advice to the Board of Directors and group companies.
* Work with the business/countries to identify relevant products to source that would create a competitive advantage for the company.
* Work in partnership with the Group MD, Group Finance Head and Directors to develop the Group's operational strategy/plan and implement processes (working capital/inventory/delivery etc) and approaches to achieve this.
* Support the development of budgets in relation to the operational business plan.
The Successful Applicant
The successful GM candidate will be an expert within the Sourcing and Supply Chain discipline with extensive experience across various commodities and products. With significant experience within China, you will have a track record of creating and managing successful Sourcing and Supply Chain operations within the region and have existing relationships with suppliers in the SEA region. Other attributes include:
* experience in managing offices in multiple locations as well as having a track record of success with various commodities of spend.
* track record of implementing successful ERP systems as well as have managed teams of 20+ professionals across different locations.
* really strong in negotiating commodities and a very hands on approach to the major deals taking place across the company.
* highly driven with excellent relationship building experience, working with multiple different companies under the same Group.
* P&L experience and an ability to create robust and effective 3-5 year business plans.
* highly autonomous.
What's on Offer
A chance to work in an organisation doing very well in their market; you will be responsible for the overall business and report directly into the Group CEO