Based in Jakarta, e-commerce, diversified business groups
Fast-paced, dynamic working environment
About Our Client
As one of South East Asia's fastest growing online business, our client is part of a leading multinational and is continuously gaining popularity and increasing its customer base. As they wish to progress to the next phase of growth, there is now a need to hire a senior leader to manage this successful and growing business. In an environment characterized by talent with lots of energy and initiative, this leadership role is critical to channel this energy to drive further success and inspirational culture.
As the Country head, this role would be responsible to lead the whole operations of Indonesia with full P&L responsibility. Leading a sizeable team, you will ensure the smooth running of a sustainable business and sharing of best practices. Working closely with the senior stakeholders and cross-regional team, you would develop and execute the business strategy accordingly. You will recruit, manage and mentor the managers for all business units / functions and provide a strong platform for employee engagement and collaboration. As an inspiring leader, you will instil a high performance culture and build an environment where you can attract, retain and develop talent, especially when the company is growing from a start up to a large company. Being in a fast-growing online business, it is critical to also identify and generate new opportunities and partnerships, and continuously monitor customer engagement and retention rates. You should keep abreast of the online and e-commerce development around the region, and build relationship with key regulators and provide input and suggestions on partnerships and strategic growth opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
While the company is not entirely new, they want to take it to the next phase of growth and is almost in a start-up phase as they realign their strategy. Our requirements:
- A recognised university degree and/or Masters/MBA qualification
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a progressive multinational in a local/regional leadership responsibility, ideally with experience in e-commerce, technology start-up or top management consulting firm
- Understanding of the local Indonesia market is critical
- Demonstrated track record of experience in P&L management and managing sizeable team
- Experience in a start-up environment would be highly advantageous
- Strong people leader with business transformation and organisational change experience
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and possess an entrepreneurial mindset and capability
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with a fast-growing online business.
An opportunity to train the next generation of business leaders in Indonesia, and personal career growth within the organisation.