This is a newly created dual site role based in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area.
Permanent leadership role which will play a pivotal role in our clients growth.
About Our Client
Our client is part of a Global Organisation specialising in packaging solutions.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have full P&L responsibility. The role will be a key position helping to guide the business through periods of transition and instilling confidence with the backing of the Board.
The key objectives and activities of the role include;
- Align and create a cohesive one business philosophy across the sites.
- Help with the transition of hearts and minds through a period of change.
- Active collaboration with the directors to set future objectives, budgets and investment priorities.
- Lead the organisation in the development and execution of the UK wide strategic plan.
- Assess and execute on market based intelligence, the best form of model for the sites to maximise profitability.
- Manage and drive all operational functions of the sites to maximise productivity.
- Develop the managers and leaders of the organisation and the talent within.
- Data analysis for profit improvement and commercial excellence activities.
The Successful Applicant
This is a new position for the company and a critical appointment for the business. The role is a senior position within the Group structure.
Candidates will ideally have many of the following backgrounds;
- Timber packaging experience.
- Corrugated packaging experience.
- Leadership role in a B2B manufacturing company.
- Familiarity of the north east packaging market.
- Held a senior leadership/management position previously.
- Excellent commercial skills and experience in running a business unit as a senior leader managing multiple staff disciplines.
- A successful track record in B2B manufacturing companies.
- Excellent people and team leadership skills.
- Provide clear direction for the sites and motivate and inspire them to deliver individually and collectively.
- Previous P&L and budget setting responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with customers, suppliers, directors and CEO.
At interpersonal level, the following characteristics are sought:
- A straight talker to advise upwards, agree best course of action and deliver.
- Robust and resilient and able to make tough business decisions if needed.
- Able to handle periods of pressure and to lead people through periods of change.
- Passion for the business and the people who will relish the opportunity to be a key part of UK growth.
- Confident and interested in building key business, employee and customer relationships.
What's on Offer
The role offers an attractive remuneration and benefits package,Company car or allowance equivalent, with further incentives for over performance.
This is an exciting time to join our client and play a pivotal role in the growth and direction of the business.