Global Communications Director - People and Culture
Global responsibility for communicating the people and culture agenda
Working with a transformative global business
About Our Client
My client is a global retailer that prides themselves on being a values-driven business with a passion for their co-workers and customers. Every investment, product and service they create adds value to their customers experience.
They are proud of their long heritage of innovation and for setting new global standards and are now embracing the challenges and opportunities of the changing world around us of digitisation, new technology and the climate crisis. They are determined to be world leaders in adapting to this change by updating their business model and working to have a positive impact on society and the environment. They are transforming their business to embrace this change and will look to be convenient, affordable and sustainable for all customers.
As the appointed Global Communications Director - People and Culture, you will be responsible for;
- Responsible and accountable for the overall performance of communication within the People & Culture area
- Secure adequate prioritization of People & Culture topics in the annual communication planning process
- Develop a communication approach that helps to position the topic of People & Culture within and beyond board decision-making
- As part of the People & Culture Management Team, act as a strategic business partner to the People & Culture Director and contribute to the development of the functions annual plan and implementation of the People strategy
- Proactively contribute in business strategy and planning discussions to ensure business communication goals and deliverable are aligned with overall business plan and directions
- Ensure communication objectives and initiatives are well anchored and understood by the management team, the markets and other relevant stakeholders
- Lead, coach and develop members of the Communication team, promoting best practice in communication and continually bench marking against industry standard
- Actively push for improvement of content creation, driving effectiveness and efficiency in communication fit for the rapidly changing communication landscape
The Successful Applicant
You will have a highly successful track record of communications from an organisation(s) that has undergone significant transformation and change projects which may be from a broad range of sectors. You will have a real passion for people strategy and the HR area and have the commercial appreciation to link future working practises, maintaining business culture and adapting to change so the business can be profitable and thrive.
You will be able to easily move from high level strategic thinking to being involved in the detail of communication planning and execution. This means experience of operating with board members and contributing to people and wider business debate and strategy will be essential.
You will deep functional experience of defining, planning, executing and follow up mainly internal communications that keep employees informed, engaged and empowered. You will have the awareness and knowledge of HR, the people agenda and D&I. This will ideally be from an organisation that with high integrity for people.
You will be a strong in leading and managing change and transformations. This will be supported by your adaptable leadership and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and package