Global Head of Chemicals Procurement
Marketing leading international manufacturing organization
Employer of choice
About Our Client
Marketing leading, international manufacturing organization
- Set the vision, strategic direction, expectations, annual and long-term objectives for global procurement.
- Develop and execute global sourcing strategy to achieve ongoing year over year material costs savings targets and to ensure an ongoing competitive advantage.
- Communicate and promote the strategic sourcing strategy internally to management and key business unit stakeholders, while ensuring the strategy evolves to adequately address changing market conditions.
- Successfully execute the sourcing strategy through close collaboration with the global Supply Chain and Business Unit organizations.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and leverage the supply base to meet the company's procurement requirements related to quality, delivery and cost.
- Negotiate global supply agreements with strategic suppliers through the Request for Proposal process.
- Establish intelligence and market knowledge to enable the team to make informed decisions.
- Closely monitor the supply market with regards to pricing, commodity trends, supplier capacity, supplier news, industry news and new product developments.
- Identify new supplier entrants in current and developing best cost and performance markets and assess their capabilities to offer a competitive advantage over the existing supplier base.
- Prepare and distribute a monthly commodity key performance indicator reports.
- Work closely with the Business Units to develop and align commodity road maps leveraging innovation and differentiated value add from the supply base.
- Implement Lean principles, practices and continuous improvement mentality within strategic sourcing and through supply base.
- Execute supplier management programs with suppliers, including the development of performance metrics and regular key supplier business review.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance and compliance.
- Support Site Supply Chain to manage suppliers to ensure safety, quality, cost, and delivery timelines are achieved.
- Support Global Supplier Quality management on Audits and Assessments of new and existing suppliers.
- Support new product development projects through the New Product Introduction Process.
- Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years' experience in Strategic Sourcing, Procurement Management, Supply Chain, or similar function in a complex, multi-site enterprise
- 5+ years' management experience at Director Level
- Extensive Procurement Management experience
- Knowledge of business planning, modeling, concepts and tools
- Experience in Chemical or related industry
- Ability to navigate political landscape with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated high degree of accountability
- Ability to build trust and understanding across disparate parts of the organization
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Knowledge of Lean procurement methods and practices
What's on Offer
Executive compensation package