- Ensuring the successful growth and development of the franchise business.
- Managing the growing trademark global portfolio
About Our Client
Retail multinational company
Reporting to the General Counsel, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Participate in defining and implementing initiatives aimed at simplification, digitation and efficency that will enable the Legal Team to focus on delivering value added services, reducing unnecesary activities.
- Participate in regular meetings or calls with other members of the Global Legal Team where initiatives, ideas, projects, challenges, new laws or regulations, risks, etc.will be discussed and analyzed. Provide weekly/monthly reports to the General Counsel on substantive matters/strategic activities.
- Ensure proper rollout and execution of strategic decisions or initiatives dictated by the Board and the Management Team.
- Participate in defining the strategy to develop new franchised brands in all countries where the Company operates presently and in the future, liaising with Brand Presidents and heads of other functions and coordinating the necessary inhouse and outside legal support, ensuring consistent execution of the Company's approved IFA's, MFA's, DA's, FOM's and other franchise materials.
- Negotiate MFA's, DA's, IFA's, FOM's and all other franchise instruments with actual or potential franchisors and franchisees, with a strong focus on protecting the Company interests and driving consistency with respect to desirect terms and conditions acceptable to the Company.
- Build and train a team of expert IP and Franchise Law experts.
- Manage the Company's portfolio of trademarks and advice on action necessary to protect and enforce IP rights globally, interacting with outside IP counsel.
- Represent the Company in meetings with local govermnent authorities, regulators and other stakeholders involving legal and regulatory matters.
- Act as attorney in fact and/or proxy holder of the Company, executing and otherwise formalizing contracts, corporate documents and other legal documents, always in strict compliance with the Company's internal policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
- 10 to 15 years of relevant corporate experience (not only legal companies and offices backgrounds).
- Solid IP and Franchise background and proven track record.
- Person should be familiar with international environment and able to manage complexity.
- Ideal candidate worked in F&B, restaurant, retail business.
What's on Offer
Great international opportunity