- High Visibility Senior Executive Position with Global responsibility
- An opportunity to lead the Global operation within a reputable MNC
About Our Client
Our client is one of the global reputable MNCs within the manufacturing industry. They have been invested in China for over few decades, with strong market share and business reputation within the industry. Due to their strong commitment to the China market, they have moved one of the BU's global headquarter from Europe to Shanghai few years ago. Now they are looking for a new Global Operation Director to join in their business in Shanghai, to lead their global operation.
Responsible for the overall operation of multiple sites across globe. This individual will be accountable for galvanizing a team under a common growth and operations platform, and ultimately drive improvement in operational efficiency, revenue, margin and client retention. Work to continuously ensure the organization is delivering operational excellence, while also identifying innovative and creative services and solutions, working closely with internal and external partners. The incumbent of this position will develop and maintain the overall strategy, priorities and direction for operations within the area.
- Manage all facets of the area including production, engineering, supply chain, purchasing, quality, equipment, continuous improvement etc.
- Develop short- and long-term operational strategies in partnership with senior team members and lead the design, development, and execution of those strategies to achieve measurable outcomes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Lead and manage a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward, and coaching techniques. Maintain close working relationships with partner group in functional areas, including Sales, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Compliance.
- Partner with the business unit leaders and other key stakeholders to inspire change and implement new business processes.
The Successful Applicant
As the Operations Director, you will have a proven track record of success and delivery in a manufacturing leadership role in a global organisation with mechanical assembling background and where creating an inclusive and collaborative working environment is key.
Key selection criteria will include, but not be limited to:
- Qualifications in a technical or engineering discipline or qualified by experience
- 15+ years experience with global multinational company, regional experience in required
- A proven track record of delivering operational excellence and business transformation in an environment.
- Sound experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma, Black Belt certified will be a big plus
- Previous leadership of a large enterprise with 1000+ employees in operations
- Cross functional management of non-manufacturing functions inclusive of purchasing, planning and logistics
- Proven leadership & communication skills.
- Highly collaborative and inclusive leadership style.
- A self-starter who is results-oriented, client-focused with strong drive and tenacity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a keen mindset to learn and get wider exposure
- Strong numeracy and language skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and manage complex regional assignments. Chinese mandarin is required.
- Strong team player with an open-minded mentality, works well independently in a lean team
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to gain a real global exposure with a global reputable company with long history, who is invested to growing its people and business. Competitive salary package at this level as well as open-minded company culture and leadership style.