Global Privacy Counsel - SaaS - Lexington, MA
Publicly listed, rapidly growing, international SaaS business.
Based near Lexington, MA
About Our Client
My client is a globally recognized and highly reputable provider in the SaaS space. They have a large corporate presence close to Lexington, MA and are publicly listed.
The global legal and data privacy team is 10 strong, and are spread across the globe with the main stakeholders in MA.
Reporting into the Assistant General Counsel and as the firm continues to grow, this role is a new hire within the organization and is part of the build out of the Corporate and Compliance team. The successful incumbent will be empowered and willing to develop their own policies and negotiate their own agreements. We need a professional who is able to build programs, policies and manage compliance programs.
This role will be the first point of contact for guidance regarding privacy issues for key internal business teams including Product Development and Dev Ops, Corporate Security and IT, Human Resources, Sales Operations and Marketing. It will work directly with the product and other business teams to review data privacy policies and systems, ensuring that data use and processes are aligned to applicable legal requirements. Where possible, it will engage early with product development and other teams to ensure that privacy and security are designed and built into the firm's products, systems and business processes.
Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Implement, communicate and monitor privacy compliance processes across the business, including
- Respond as the first point of contact to technical and procedural questions relating to privacy,
- Support and lead RFP/RFI process related to privacy,
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding data privacy and data security provisions within commercial deals, including providing guidelines for data processing agreements with customers and vendors
- Review DPIAs for new product offerings and systems,
- Lead the response to data subject rights requests,
- Maintain corporate records of data processing activities, data privacy notices, templates and policies,
- Oversee the public facing privacy mailbox, and
- Lead special compliance projects.
- Partner with the legal team on privacy-related diligence for potential investments or acquisitions.
- Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge of applicable state, federal and international privacy/data security laws, regulations and accreditation standards, and monitor changes and advancements in information privacy and data security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
Apply today using the link provided and your resume will be considered within 72 hours of submission. This recruitment mandate is exclusive to Michael Page Boston.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors Degree (essential)
- JD (ideal)
- 5+ years of experience of working either at a law firm, or in-house/ corporate, or a combination of the two (essential)
- 2+ years relevant experience in a privacy-focused role in a global technology company. Familiarity with GDPR and CCPA (ideal)
- CIPP/E or other relevant certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals or similar certification a plus.
- Experience in assisting the commercial team support the volume of privacy related requests, providing guidelines, templates, training etc.
- Candidates should have strong experience in operationalizing data privacy and must have experience in conducting and documenting privacy impact assessments and data subject access requests, including identifying how personal data is processed, appropriate privacy requirements and any associated privacy risks.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package (negotiable, dependent upon successful candidate)
- Competitive benefits package
- Quarterly international business trips
- Close-knit, highly competent, collaborative, high-performing team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention.