Global Recurring Revenue Development Director
A great opportunity to build a sales operations and recurring revenue strategy
You will join a global software organisation
About Our Client
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is the largest software developer in the metrology industry and offers a wide range of in-house developed, individually-customisable software packages that deliver intelligent and effective data acquisition, analysis and evaluation as well as powerful data management and reporting tools.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence helps industrial manufacturers develop the disruptive technologies of today and the life-changing products of tomorrow. As a leading metrology and manufacturing solution specialist, our expertise in sensing, thinking and acting - the collection, analysis and active use of measurement data - gives our customers the confidence to increase production speed and accelerate productivity while enhancing product quality.
Through a network of local service centres, production facilities and commercial operations across five continents, we are shaping smart change in manufacturing to build a world where quality drives productivity.
Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive productivity and quality across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon's solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workflows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 20,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.8bn EUR
As Global Recurring Revenue Development Director you will define and execute the company's strategy and road map for recurring revenue within the metrology software business.
Your primary responsibility will be to understand the existing software portfolio and identify a roadmap to grow recurring revenue.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work with the Metrology Software Product Managers to analyse and understand the market for metrology software across all segments the company serves.
- Analyse and understand the existing recurring revenue business and product offerings including Software Maintenance Agreements (SMA) and software subscriptions and help to define the company's strategy to grow this revenue through these and other new offerings.
- Identify detailed customer requirements as they relate to offering software in a recurring model.
- Develop business plans for delivering software in a recurring model, in some cases bundled with other company products or services to maximise the total value proposition and opportunity for success.
- Work with software project management, engineering and Product Management in both the Metrology Software PL and the Aftermarket business to develop the overall product offering to maximise the opportunity for recurring revenue.
- Work with regional sales and sales management to optimise processes and align our recurring revenue offerings to drive value for our customers and profitable revenue for the company.
- Work with other stakeholders in the company, including other Product Lines supplying metrology hardware products that make use of our software.
- Help to manage competing priorities and communicate a clear roadmap and strategy for our recurring revenue offerings.
- Contribute to strategic thinking concerning the metrology software business, the metrology business more broadly and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence overall.
- Work closely with the Sales team, visiting customers globally to understand customer perspectives and their evolving needs, and promote the metrology software products and services.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 40%. This role will be based in Cobham, UK but you can be based from home with ad-hoc time in the office.
The Successful Applicant
To be suitable for this Global Recurring Revenue Development Director you will need:
- Ideally a degree within engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years strategic software product management / software product sales experience with a focus on recurring revenue offerings, ideally in metrology, or as a supplier to the automotive or aerospace industries.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing software product strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- History of developing and growing business in an entrepreneurial environment with a focus on recurring revenue models for software.
- Worked closely with engineering teams and sales teams, both hardware and software.
- Experience working across cultures in a global organisation and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Worked at ease in a decentralised organisation. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across cultures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgement and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English
What's on Offer
£100k-120k + package