Global Risk Management & Internal Control Director
Global role with interactions with senior stakeholders worldwide
Can work remotely from any city in Poland
About Our Client
Our client is an international services organization with worldwide presence. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced person to act as the Global Director of Internal Controls & Risk Management. The role will involve managing a remote team and focus on developing, implementing and maintaining effective Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) within the Group as well us driving the annual Risk Management process. The role will involve interactions with senior stakeholders including Country Finance Directors and Managing Directors, Regional Controllers, Global Business Process Owners (GBPOs), Head of Functions, IT, Internal Audit and External Audit.
The chosen candidate may work remotely anywhere in Poland.
- Ensure that the Group complies in all aspects with international law regarding Internal Control System (ICS) requirements
- Develop and maintain clear / adequate Risk Control Matrices based on end-to-end business processes with the related GBPOs and Head of Functions
- Cooperate with internal audit, IT and GBPOs to promote best practice, internal control automation and increased reliance on Test of Design (ToD) and Test of Effectiveness (ToE) of ICOFR to optimize external audit.
- Support the local finance organization and Managing Directors, together with the Regional Risk Management and Internal Control Managers, in providing training, guidance and best practices.
- Drive the annual Risk Management processes with key business / regional and country stakeholders, update the risk assessment and ensure adequate measures are in place to mitigate the identified risks.
- Monitor the Test of Design (ToD) and Test of Effectiveness (ToE) of ICOFR as well as the business risks assessment end implement action plan to close the gaps
The Successful Applicant
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- ACCA/CPA/CIMA will be a strong advantage
- First experience in a Big4 would be a strong plus - external audit and/or business advisory in process optimization
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience including experience in external/internal audit or finance experience with practical knowledge in designing, implementing and testing internal controls in international organizations
- Experience in risk management and knowledge of COSO
- Fluent in English and minimum one other language
- Strong people manager with good leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to build trust and respect
- Capacity to work and communicate effectively in a multi-cultural and matrix environment
- Aptitude to analyze complex issues, identify root cause problems and implement effective corrective measures and solutions
- Practical and hands on experience in implementing and monitoring internal control systems and risk management
- Sound analytical skills and ability to deliver synthetic and insightful information
- Comfortable with changes and constantly looking to drive innovation and process improvement
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize, to hit tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel if and when required
What's on Offer
- Competitive package
- Possibility to manage a global team remotely
- The role can be an entry point into the Group and managing other business or finance functions in the future