Global Sales Operations Director
This is an excellent opportunity to build a global sales operations strategy
You will be joining a large, global matrix organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a 4b EUR technology organisation with operations globally. You will be based from their office in Cobham where the majority of the senior leadership team are based but you will have the opportunity to work remotely.
You will be aligned to one division that has a turnover of 1.5b EUR and has both hardware and software solutions.
As Global Sales Operations Director you will be responsible for:
- Partner with sales leaders to identify opportunities for sales process improvement and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Improve alignment of processes and facilitate the successful implementation of new programs throughout the sales organisation globally.
- Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
Forecasting & Objectives
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Ensure planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the company.
- Work with the regional sales leaders to define sales organisation objectives that appropriately reflect the company's business goals.
- Review sales force quotas ensuring the firm's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Working with Human Resources and sales leaders, review sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
Tools & Technology
- Work with sales leaders to optimise the effectiveness of the firm's technology investments, prioritising investments in enabling technologies in support of sales productivity.
- Work closely with the VP Marketing to understand company sales and technology strategy.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Implement enabling technologies including CRM to sales teams globally.
- Monitor the global sales organisation's compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data.
- Make recommendations to the regions for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximise sales productivity.
- Work closely with regional sales leaders to define and agree the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs consistently around the world.
- Align reporting, training, and incentive programs with these performance management priorities.
- Ensure sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the executive team and sales organisation.
- Develop new reporting tools as needed.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources, establish a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies.
- Prioritise training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles.
The Successful Applicant
To be suitable for this Global Sales Operations Director role you will need:
- Exceptional track record in sales operations, sales management or other significant commercial roles, much of this probably gained in a centralised enterprise sales group in a large company.
- Experience working across cultures in a global organisation and with customers globally.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Worked at ease in a decentralised organisation. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a matrix environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills across cultures.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A mission-driven, team player approach; and a desire to make an impact and difference.
- Demonstrable drive, determination, self-motivation and action orientation needed to be successful in working with short deadlines.
- The maturity, judgement and self-confidence to operate effectively with a high level of independence.
- The highest level of integrity and high ethical standards.
- Fluent in English.
What's on Offer